Chapter 8

Right?

As I'm applying the last touches to my makeup, there's a loud knock on the door.

"Let's go, Jules. It's time to head over to Liam's."

"Okay." I reply to him with a smile. I think it's about time I let Harry stop scaring me and I stop feeling bad about myself. I'll be out of here soon enough, I'll call or text Kaylin as soon as I can and I'll be out of here, and far away from Harry. So while I'm here I'll pretend to be on good behavior, and hopefully he'll let his guard down.

I open the door and walk down the hallway, making my way downstairs towards the front door. Harry's standing there waiting for me in the jacket he wore the first night I met him and a black shirt with black jeans.

His face lights up as I reach the last step, and he walks over to me holding my hand softly and whispering, "Fuck, just looking at you makes me hard."

I gasp at his sexual comment, trying to keep my composure. Don't let him get to you. You need him to trust you, to think you want to be here.

He couldn't have said something like I look nice or pretty?

"Charming."

I smack his arm playfully, giving him a shocked expression and blushing. He winks at me, making me laugh.

We walk outside, hand in hand, and it's pouring out, so we quickly tread over to his car. He opens the door for me, and after closing it he jogs around the front, trying to stay as dry as he can.

He climbs inside and we start the trip to Liam's house.

-

"It's so nice to see you again, Jules!" I'm pulled into a hug from Eleanor before I even come into the house, and the rest just give me a welcoming smile.

All the girls are also dressed nicely. I wonder why they had us dress up?

Liam opens the door wider while voicing quite blatantly, "Come in! My house is yours, so you're allowed to whatever you like." His face gave us a reassuring smile, which made me smile back.

His house was absolutely lovely, but in size and quality it was nothing compared to Harry's. But still, beautiful.

"Well, ladies. We have some work to do downstairs, but you can stay up here and talk for a bit. We should be done in about an hour." Louis explains to us as we sit down on a couch.

Louis kisses Eleanor on her forehead, and as she watched him the look in her eyes explained everything.

She is completely in love with him.

But why? How could you love someone who is such a monster?

I don't know Louis, but I do know he and Harry are best friends. And if he's anything like Harry, then I'm not sure I want to get to know him.

Harry scares me. I wouldn't admit it, and I try to hide it, but he does.

No one has ever hurt me before, and no one has ever touched me the way he has.

The boyfriend that I had in high school and I would obviously kiss and stuff like that, but we didn't go any farther than second base, and both of us were content with that.

Of course there were times I would get curious and want to try, but he would think I'm joking and laugh at me, so I never would bring it up again.

Obviously it wasn't enough for him.

But back to Harry, I can't put my finger on it with him. He's so rude and conceited, but at the same time there's moments when he's a total sweetheart and I love it.