Protecting the Town

"H-How did you know about my Chop-Chop devil fruit powers?" Buggy asked shocked as I burned his hand so he would pull his knife away.

"Zoro sliced you up but there was no blood. If you were going to play a trick you should have done so around an idiot." I told him as I noticed he was starting to shiver.

"You've eaten a devil fruit." He pointed out and I clapped.

"Very good. Yes, I did eat a devil fruit. You may be a chop-chop man but you are still only a Paramecia devil fruit user. I'm a Logia." I said as I pulled my twin daggers from their scabbards on my waist lighting one up with flames and the other with ice.

"Hey you are pretty flashy, how about joining my crew instead." Buggy suggested with a sweatdrop at the thought of having to fight a logia devil fruit user.

"Sorry but no can do. You hurt my Nakama so now you have to pay." I told him as I sent a slash at him with my left blade which sent a wave of fire.

"Ahh!" He screeched as he disconnected his limbs to avoid the flames but I quickly slashed with my right blade and froze one of his legs and a hand.

"Zoro, the cannon if you will," I called to Zoro with a smirk which he returned as he ran to it.

"Of course Vice-Captain." He answered as he lifted it up so it was facing Buggy and his crew and lit it while Buggy's crew screamed and Buggy hobbled to grab his frozen limbs.

"She's a feisty one! Run Men!" Buggy yelled and I grabbed Nami as Zoro picked up the cage Luffy was in and we ran off hearing the cannon explode behind us.

"Hey put me down!" Nami yelled from her position on my shoulder but I rolled my eyes. 

"Would you rather I leave you with the pirates that want to kill you," I suggested and she quickly quieted her self.

"Nevermind continue with what you were doing." She responded and I chuckled as we stopped in front of a closed shop.

"Well we escaped for now but this cage is starting to annoy me," Zoro spoke up as he was slightly dragging the cage containing Luffy behind him and I had set Nami down.

"Yeah, and if I stay in a cage I won't be able to fight anyone," Luffy complained and I sat down next to Zoro as he got tired of dragging Luffy and laid down.

"Eh? What's with this dog?" Zoro asked me after nudging me in the side to get my attention.

"Oh, a doggo. Hi, puppy." I greeted as I pat the dogs head who didn't really move.

'Cute.' Zoro thought with a light shade of pink on his cheeks from staring at Kiyomi who was happily petting the dog.

"I wonder if it's dead." Luffy brought up before poking the dog which promptly bit his face and I laughed.

"Hahaha! Luffy I think animals are always going to hate you." I laughed at him and he grumbled.

"It's not my fault all the animals like you Kiyomi." Luffy huffed as I went back to petting the dog.

"Here for saving my life I'll give you this." Nami suddenly spoke up as she threw a key onto the floor.

"The key!" Luffy screamed in excitement but before he could grab it the dog ate it.

"No doggo that's not good for your stomach." I scolded the dog as the others stared shocked at what just happened.

"You stupid dog that's not food!" Luffy yelled but I slapped his hands away before he could touch the doggo.

"Oi you people! Don't do anything to Shushu!" An older man who was wearing armor yelled at us.

"Who are you mister?" Zoro asked the man while I hugged the doggo.

"Is that the puppy's name?" I asked him.

"I'm the leader of this village, in other words, i'm the chief and yes the dog's name is Shushu young lady." He told me and I smiled.

"We aren't bad pirates we promise in fact we are fighting Buggy," I told the man and he nodded.

"In that case will you go into the store and bring out some food for Shushu?" He asked me and I nodded and went to retrieve the food.

"Wait Kiyomi melt the cage for me!" Luffy yelled and my retreating figure.

"Melt?" The chief asked confused.

"Ah don't mind she has a devil fruit ability is all," Zoro told the man who nodded.

"Here you go puppy. I got you some food." I told Shushu and he began to eat and I walked towards the cage. "Alright, Luffy stay away from the bars," I told him and he leaned away and I began to melt them using the fireside of my devil fruit to get through the steel bars.

"Roooaarrr!" A growl cut through the air and I froze at hearing it before shaking my head and continuing to melt the bars.

"What is that Roaring noise?" Nami asked scared and the chief started to panic.

"That's the beast tamer Mohji!" The chief panicked before he and Nami both ran away and I sighed.

"Well, I found three of you. I'm Buggy's pirate crew member Mohji the beast tamer. Captain Buggy is pretty mad but he said if miss Kiyomi here joined his crew he would let the rest of you leave uninjured." Mohji told us and I scowled.

"No way you can't take Kiyomi!" Luffy screamed at him and Zoro stood up unsheathing his swords.

"You can't take my Vice-Captain," Zoro said with a scowl as he got into position to fight.

"Zoro, sorry but can you hold this guy off for a while until I get Luffy out of the cage then we can join you?" I asked him and he grinned in response.

"No problem, besides this guy has to pay for even thinking he can take you away," Zoro spoke as he placed his last sword in his mouth.

"Look's like you don't know who you're messing with. Kill him, Richie!" Mohji yelled and the lion went to attack Luffy and I but Zoro cut them off.

"You're fight is with me," Zoro growled and Mohji scowled at him.