Our First Battle

"Wow, the weather is really nice today," I commented as I looked around.

"Your right sis it is." Luffy agreed with a grin before the water got a bit harsher as a sea king rose from the water.

"I'll let you handle this one brother," I said with a smirk as I remained sitting in the small boat of ours.

"I've been waiting for you sea king, let me show you how much I improved since last time," Luffy told it as he readied his arm. "Gomu Gomu no Pistol!" Luffy shouted and he punched the same monster in the jaw knocking it out.

"Bravo Luffy." I clapped.

"Hehe, thanks Kiyo, we'll have to find some friends for the crew. I hope I can at least get 10." Luffy commented.

"Of course we will. After all, you're going to be the king of the pirates." I told him with a smirk.

"Yeah! Then we can make a flag." Luffy shouted excitedly.

"Alright let's go!" I shouted.

After a bit of sailing, we had failed to notice what we had been drifting towards.

"Man on such a nice day how did we manage to miss this?" Luffy questioned.

"I honestly don't know but neither of us can swim so we need a plan," I told him as I crossed my arms trying to think of something.

"Wonder what we can do?" Luffy asked while I was thinking.

"Got it," I said as I snapped my fingers and walked to the barrel we had on the ship, I tossed out the few items inside and jumped in. "Luffy get in here, you are made of rubber so you will fit in here easier than I will but it will fit us both and it will keep us safe from the water and hopefully someone either grabs the barrel or we wash up somewhere," I told him as he followed me inside.

"Oh alright. That's pretty smart Kiyomi." Luffy complimented as I closed the lid of the barrel just as we went into the whirlpool. After some time passed I took a nap with Luffy and when I woke up Luffy was standing and stretching so I stood up as well.

"Hey, Luffy where are we?" I asked as I realized there were some guys looking at us. "Who are you?" I asked them bluntly as I stretched and they blanched.

"Who are you and why are you in a barrel!?" They yelled and I frowned and snapped my fingers freezing them as I stepped out of the barrel.

"What the. how did you do that?" The pink haired kid asked me shocked at what I did.

"Oh, hi I'm Kiyomi and don't worry about them if the ice is melted in time then they will still be alive," I told him with a smile as he led us off the ship and into a small forest.

"Do you have a small boat? Ours got destroyed in a whirlpool." Luffy asked Coby.

"A whirlpool!? A normal person would have died already. Well, I have a small boat but.." Coby told us and led us to a shabby looking boat and I sweatdropped at it.

"What's this? A coffin?" Luffy asked and I chuckled.

"That's a boat I secretly built for the past 2 years." He told us.

"2 years? You don't want it anymore?" I asked Coby confused as I placed a hand on my hip.

"Yeah, I don't want it anymore. I was going to run away in this but I don't have the guts to do it. I'm going to be a caretaker my whole life, although I have something else I want to do." He told us mumbling the last part.

"Then you should just leave," I told him with a huff crossing my arms over my chest.

"No..no it'll never work whenever I think of Alvida-sama finding out my legs turn all mushy! I get so scared!" Coby screamed making me jump surprised. "That day I was only fishing but I accidentally walked onto the ship and I had to become a caretaker to survive these last 2 years."