The First Mate

"So is he really that horrible person that his reputation says he is?" Coby asked us after I finished feeding Zoro and dragged Luffy away to meet up with Coby and the little girl.

"No he isn't," I answered as I sat next to Luffy on a barrel.

"Brother didn't do anything wrong. It's just that people in this town are afraid of him. He got arrested because of me. He killed Helmeppo's wolf because Helmeppo let his wolf run around and everyone got scared." The little girl explained to us and I looked down with a small frown on my face.

"So you are saying that Zoro only got arrested because he was protecting you and the town from a vicious wolf?" I asked her and she nodded her head in response.

"The only bad guys are the Morgans! You'll get executed if you disobey them, so everyone is afraid of them." The little girl told us. Before I could comfort her I heard a voice yelling.

"Hahaha! Who dares raise their head? I'll tell my dad! Do you want to be like Roronoa Zoro? I'm going to execute him in three days! I'll use him to set an example for all of you!" That Helmeppo Bastard spoke as I turned to glare in his direction as he walked down the street making all the townsfolk kneel on the floor with their heads down.

"Did he just say three days?" I asked with anger in my voice and Luffy stood up patting me on the head as he went. 

"Didn't you say you would give him a month?" Luffy asked Helmeppo as he faced the bastard.

"I was only joking with him. Only an idiot would believe that." The bastard laughed and I stood up abruptly as Luffy punched him in the face sending him to the floor in pain.

"Luffy-san!" Coby yelled in panic.

"Damn Luffy I wanted to punch him but I'm afraid if I do it now he might die," I said with a chuckle as walked over and slung my arm over his shoulders as I poked Helmeppo in the side with my foot.

"Coby, we've decided that Zoro is going to be in our crew," Luffy told Coby as I had a grin on my face.

"I'm marine Captain Morgans son, I'll tell him about this!" Helmeppo yelled as the marines helped him up.

"Why don't you fight us yourself. I would love to take a swing myself." I told him with a smirk and he looked away for a second before walking off with the marines helping him.

"You'll regret hitting me. You'll get the death sentence for this." He told Luffy as he left and Coby was holding Luffy back.

 "Oni-chan you were so cool! Just then I was scared to death." The little girl told Luffy and I smiled as I watched them interact.

"Realy? I think I should have hit him a bit more." Luffy told her with a shrug before her mom called her home.

"Well, I guess it's time we go tell Zoro what we heard," I told the boys as I started to walk to where Zoro was being held.

"Yo." Luffy greeted as we jumped the wall.

"Hey Zoro," I called with a smile as he looked up to see us coming his way.

"You two again? I told you I don't want to be a pirate." He told us.

"I'm Luffy and this is my sister Kiyomi. If we untie you then you will join our crew, alright." Luffy told Zoro who looked annoyed which made me giggle.

"I told you already I have things that I need to do, besides I'm not going to be a bad guy like a pirate." He told us and I scoffed.

"Everyone already thinks you are a bad guy." I pointed out to him with a huff.

"I don't care what they say about me. I haven't done one thing that I regretted in the past and it will be the same in the future. So I won't be a pirate." He told us.

"I don't care! You are going to join our crew!" Luffy told him and Zoro growled.

"Don't decide for yourself!" Zoro yelled and I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration.

"Uh, Hey I heard you use a katana. Is that right?' I asked Zoro so the two would stop arguing.

"If I'm not being tied up I could use a katana." He told me which caught Luffy's attention.

"Where is the katana?" Luffy asked.

"That bastard kid took it. It's something that I treasure most." Zoro explained to us and I smirked.

"Treasure huh? It must be something great. Ok, we are going to go to where the bastard kid is and get your katana back." Luffy told him and Zoro was shocked.

"What?" He questioned us and I smirked at him.

"But if you want us to return it to you, you'll have to join our crew," I told him and he blanched.

"That's dirty!" He yelled in shock and I laughed at his face.

"You left us with no choice and we really you want you in the crew," I told him with a smile before we ran off to find Zoro's katana.

"Where are all the marines?" I asked confused as I looked around the base not seeing anyone.

"maybe they are in a meeting," Luffy suggested with a shrug and I gave him a look.

"All of them?" I questioned him and he laughed.

"There seem to be people on the roof." Luffy pointed out as he rolled his arm around.

"I'll go in through the front door. Have fun." I told him as he laughed and I walked right in through their front doors. Idiots. I started climbing the stairs looking for the marines son when I heard Luffy shouting.

"Kiyomi I found him! I found him!" He yelled and I ran to where I heard his voice. When I reached him he was holding Helmeppo hostage and was corned by some marines. I quickly stomped my foot on the ground and froze the marines solid as Helmeppo screamed in fear as I stepped forward past the marines.

"You're lucky I found you when I did Luffy who knows what the marines would have done." I joked with a smile as he smiled.

"The katana is in his room," Luffy told me and I nodded as we went to the room.

"There are three katana's." I pointed out and Luffy shook Helmeppo.

"Oi which one is Zoro's?" He asked but I sighed when I realized he passed out.

"Guess we are taking all three then," I said as I grabbed the swords for Zoro.

"Kiyomi let's go!" Luffy yelled as he jumped out the window into the courtyard below. I looed out to see that Luffy blocked Zoro from being shot.

"Coming!" I yelled as I jumped out of the window and fell to the floor below. Before I hit the floor though I slid down on a slide of ice and stopped right in front of Zoro with the swords. "Hey Zoro."

"Are you crazy you almost gave me a heart attack!" He yelled as I huffed.

"Shut up already. Which sword is yours?" I asked him and he looked at my hands which held the weapons.

"All three belong to me because I use three katana's." He explained to me and I smiled.

"Awesome. You know resisting the navy with us now will make you an outlaw. Or maybe you want to die here?" I asked him with a smirk and he smirked in return.

"Are you the offspring of the devil?" He asked with a smirk. "Forget it rather than to die here why don't I accept your request and become a pirate." He said and I grinned.

"Welcome to the crew first mate," I told him and quickly began to untie him while Luffy laughed at our interaction and the marines were yelling at us.