"If you don't like it Bruce, then leave." She paused, "God only knows how much you have stored in the bank."

"Anyways, I'll see you later Betty." Bruce said walking out the door. The nurse signed my pass back to class, I walked out of the office and almost ran into Bruce who was leaning up against the wall next to the health room.

"Oh, sorry." I apologized, walking past him. He nodded and fell into step with me.

"No, my fault." He corrected, hesitating for a second to think about what he was going to say. He thought against it and didn't say anything.

"What?" I asked, curious.

"Nothing, I just was wondering something. But I already know the answer." He said, I nodded but was intrigued.

"What were you wondering?" I asked.

"Oh, I was just wondering about your Mom." He shrugged his shoulders and looked at his feet.

"What about her?"

"Only if she was all right." He said looking back at his feet that were scuffing the tile floor.

"How do you know she's all right?" I wondered.

"I ran into her at the grocery store one day."

"When?"

"Yesterday." He said looking at me for a second before looking back at the floor. He was nervous, I could tell.

"Bruce Wayne does his own grocery shopping?" I asked teasingly. Bruce smirked and nodded his head.

"Indeed, I do. My butler never gets what I want."

"And what's that?"

"Oreos and Doritos." I laughed a little with his response, it was such a teenager thing to get junk food. We arrived outside of the Library and he said goodbye, I waved a little as he walked down the hallway. He saluted me and turned a corner when I turned into the Library. I walked in and started to do my work, it was a peaceful class time. Until a rowdy group of jocks walked into the room. Jared and his friends walked into the library, I inwardly rolled my eyes as they took their seats at the computers, right next to me. Jared smiled broadly and leaned over to my seat.

"How's it goin'?" I could smell the cockiness in his breath, it smelled like pig and ass all at the same time.

"Slower now that you're here but it's almost done." I half lied.

"Good." He said logging onto the computer. I continued my work as much as I could with the major distraction next to me. A girl came over and started talking to the guys. I could feel her glare piercing my skull. I ignored them as best I could and did my work up until the bell.

***

"What in the hell happened to you?" My mom cried when she saw my bandaged arm.

"A door." I said dully, her concerned look vanished and she smiled.

"You're kidding." She said trying not to laugh, knowing that I was serious. I shook my head and she started giggling like crazy. "You ran into a door." She giggled, I rolled my eyes and continued up the stairs to my room. I changed into comfy clothing and came back to the kitchen, she was still chuckling about my run-in with a door while she chopped carrots.

"Anything new with the Hospital?" I asked.

"Nope."

"Anything new with Dad?"

"Same answer as before." She said glumly.

"Has he even been home?" She shook her head. "Any messages?" I asked, another no. "Not even a telegram?" She looked at me with a look that told me everything I desired to know. "Have you called him?"