A date with the park.

Chapter 12: A DATE WITH THE PARK.

The rest of the week went by so quickly, as if I was in a spin of ecstasy. We didn’t kiss again until the weekend, but that didn’t matter to me. Just the fact that we kissed at all was enough to keep me going for the rest of the week. Like I said, the rest of the week flew by, my plans for the weekend the only thing on my mind. Bobby was taking me on a date. Yeah, a real date; awesome, right?

            Our date, unfortunately, was a mystery to me though, he refused to tell me where we were going or what we were going to be doing, but that was okay, because a mystery was intriguing, kept me interested.

            The weekend was on top of me before I knew it, and I was heading over to Bobby’s house. I had to walk because everyone was out so I couldn’t get a lift, but it was warm out so I didn’t mind. The walk was so long though, I swear there was a force in front of me, making me walk slower than usual, and I hated it! I was dying of intrigue! I needed to know what I was going to be spending my day doing.

            Bobby’s house was within my view, finally, and I subconsciously sped up, making it up the block in record time. I knocked on the door tentatively, waiting for his mum to answer the door so I would be embarrassed. Luckily Bobby answered, telling me that he was home alone, well with his older brother, but he may as well have been out, because he just sat in his room all day with his music blasting. I walked in, hearing the previously mentioned music muffling through the walls of the closest room, obviously owned by his brother. Bobby took me through the hallway, past the kitchen and dining room, and into his room, at the end of the house. “Hey, beautiful,” he said, flattering me, and giving me a tight hug. “Hey, handsome,” I replied, winking at him teasingly. “So, are you going to put me out of my misery and tell me what you have been planning?” I asked, trying not to seem to desperate.

“Hmm… I don’t know… Should I?” He replied, looking away, teasing me. Fair enough, pay back I suppose. “Yes, I think you should, really. I mean, if you don’t, let’s just say you don’t want to find out what will happen!” I said, looking right into his eyes, hoping this would convince him. Sadly though, this worked against me. “Threatening me, aye? Well that’s just rude!” He joked.

“Fine! Don’t tell me then!” I said, crossing my arms.

“Aw, you are too cute when you’re angry! All pouty and sweet.” He said, rolling his eyes at me. He took my hand and pulled me out of his room and back to the front door. I noticed he already had his shoes on, so we were obviously going outside somewhere. A hint? Maybe.

“Hey, bro… BRO!” Bobby called into his brother’s door. “Hang on, babe.” He said to me, walking into his brother’s room. He tapped his brother on the right shoulder, and his brother turned around, startled. “Shit! You scared me! What do you want?”

“Oh, sorry, bro, maybe turn your music down, next time, hey? Anyways, I’m going out with my girlfriend, I’ll be back later, kay?” His brother just winked at him, turned around and turned his music up again. Bobby walked back out to me, closing his brother door again, looked at me, spinning his finger near his ear, implying that his brother was crazy. I laughed quietly and smiled at Bobby. The amazing smile cracked onto Bobby’s face as well, as he took my hand and led me outdoor. We walked and walked for what seemed like a long time. “Where are we going? Or are you still not telling me?” I asked, being serious this time.

“Nah, I told you, it’s a surprise! Accept it and move on, darling!” He replied, seriously, but joking at the same time. I sighed and he looked down at me, cracking another smile, “You’re so silly, Amberly!”

“Why thank you, I try to be.” I said squinting angrily at him.

            We walked around a corner, and I saw a park that was covered in trees and almost deserted. This must be out destination! “Are you there yet?” I asked, whining a little. “Yes, we are here!” He couldn’t hide his smile from me. He took me over to a tree, motioning for me to sit down. He went behind the tree, which was evidently massive in circumference, walking back around carrying a basket. A picnic! Yes, that is the cutest date ever! He laid the basket down, sitting next to me, “I didn’t have a blanket, so I figured the grass was good enough.” He said apologetically, but without saying sorry, of course. “It’s all good, the grass is luscious and quite comfortable, I must say.” I replied.

“Such big words, you smart girl!” He said, winking at me and pulling me into an awkward side hug.

            We sat and ate homemade sandwiches, which were appallingly made, but tasted awesome, despite their appearance. After our lunch, we lay down on the grass, in the sun, rather than the cool shade of the big oak tree. We lay looking up at the clouds in silence. The silence was comfortable, but went for too long, so I broke it by saying, “Hey, that cloud looks like a dragon!”

“How? You lie!”

“No, look. See, that’s it’s mouth, and it’s breathing fire, and there’s its tail, and it has spikes up it’s back, you see it now?” I said pointing out all of the components with my finger. “Oh… Yeah, I see it now.” He said, but when I looked over he still seemed confused. “You, my friend, are a terrible liar!” I let him know now, so he couldn't try anything later on. “Hmm… I’ve never been good at lying, but really, that’s a good thing. It means I always tell people the truth. I mean, sometimes it’s not a good thing, because the truth upsets them, but most of the time it’s good, even if it doesn’t seem like it at the time… You know?” He admitted.

“Yeah, I know what you mean, like if you tell someone they look bad… But yeah, honesty is the best option most of the time.”

I’m glad we agree, guess that means honesty all the time, right?” He said, suddenly looking over at me, his eyes giving away his need for me to say yes.

“Yes. All the time, okay? Even if it’s going to hurt the other, yes?” I asked him, not being sure that I wanted the answer to be yes.

“Yes.” He agreed, answering my internal question, “all the time, otherwise things will complicated and complications lead to apologies, and I don’t want that.” He said, not being able to make eye contact with me.

“Are you…” I hesitated, not knowing whether it was too soon, “Are you ever going to tell me the story behind the sorry issue… I mean… I didn’t mean to say it…” I sighed at my own mistake, knowing he wouldn't tell me now.

“Not today, but I will, one day.” He said, looking back at me, and seeing my slight disappointment, “I promise.” He assured me, and that was going to have to be enough for me, because I knew I couldn’t sway his decision. “Okay, that’s all good, I didn’t mean to sound pressuring or anything.” I said, biting my lip.

“No, it’s okay. I was surprised you didn’t ask the first time I brought it up.”

“I thought it rude, so I didn’t… aaaaaand, I figured you wouldn't want to talk about it anyway.” I smiled at him, letting him know it was okay. We lay there again for a little while in silence, just looking up at the retreating clouds, occasionally pointing out shapes that were formed by the clouds, neither of us able to see each other’s. After maybe half an hour, Bobby rolled over onto his side, and just looked at me. I looked over at him, secretively, but he saw and started laughing at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and rolled over to face him. “What are you looking at me for?” I asked, honestly wondering. “I was just admiring your beauty, is that okay with you?” He asked teasing me, as usual. “I’m going to have to make you pay for that! I don’to give my looks away for free, you know!”

“Low. Very low. He smiled, pulling me in for a kiss. He didn’t hold back this time though. This was the real deal, and I enjoyed it a hundred times more than I did the one at school. We lay together, chatting about nothing in particular, laughing at teachers at school and talking about how we were going to miss the few people who were leaving this term for a different school.

            When it started to get dark we left, walking back to Bobby’s house, and my mum picked me up ten minutes after we arrived. I hadn’t realised how late it had got. I hugged Bobby goodbye, not wanting to give my mum anything to have on me.

            The ride home was a long, and extremely awkward one, mum asking me all these questions that I denied, asking what we did, I just answered with went for a picnic in the park, it was great, and once I had finished the sentence we were at home, so I jumped out of the almost still moving car and ran inside as quickly as I could.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I haven't uploaded in a long time, hopefully I will have more time now though.

Vote and/or comment if you think it was good, thanks guysssss

Love you all xx