36: Him

I didn't think I would ever look at this again, but life is what happens when you're busy making plans, right? It was raining that night. From what they've told me, she was walking toward the back of the restaurant but wasn't in a well lit part of the parking lot. The driver in the dark SUV didn't see her until it was too late. I had no idea she'd kept writing about us. I figured she would've quit once she saw that last entry I made. In the end, this therapy project was intended to give us the chance to let go of our past. I guess she just wasn't ready yet. She didn't mention it in her note. She hadn't mentioned much though.
I never read the second one. It's in a drawer in my dresser, but I couldn't bring myself to read it. Now I don't think I ever will. They found her phone a few feet away from her in the lot. She'd told me the password a thousand times. It was the same for her debit card, for her computer, for her phone, the girl wasn't careful with her privacy but she never felt like she had anything to hide I guess. 3560. This is what was open. For some reason, she was putting both of our journals together, making it one cohesive story, I guess. We'd joked so many times about how our story was like a book. Maybe she was going to publish it. Reading back through it, there was so much I wished I could change. Part of me hated how she thought I saw things. Part of me just hated reading as her view of me changed. As she fell out of love with me. This is her story though. She died how she lived, passionate, purposeful, and right in the middle of doing something amazing.

To the girl I promised a happy ending to. I hope somewhere, you've found one.