Ben's Proclamation

"You really think Mom and Dad will like this?" I skeptically ask my older brother

"You really think Mom and Dad will like this?" I skeptically ask my older brother.  Ben is getting fitted for our Coronation next month and he said his first proclamation as King is to let some of the Isle kids come here.  "Please tell me you're not backing out now," Ben pleads.  I hold up both of my hands, "I'm not.  I'm still with you.  I'm just saying...they might not like this.  Especially when you tell them who you're inviting."  I know not to say too much with the tailor here.  But I guess I should introduce myself.  I'm Brielle- Princess Brielle- daughter of Beauty and Beast.  Ben is my twin brother, older by eleven minutes.  We're super close and tell each other everything.  That's why he told me about his plan.  I just hope our parents won't rip him into shreds.  I play with the hem of my dress

  I play with the hem of my dress

when our parents walk up.  I smile and jump up, curtsying.  Might as well be a suck up.  We're going to need it.  Mother smiles and curtsies back.  Father flashes me a quick smile before asking, "How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king and queen next month? You're just babies!  Especially Brie."  I smile at how much Father refuses to believe how much Ben and I have truly grown up.  Especially me.  "They're turning 16, dear," Mother reminds him.  "16? That's far too young to be crowned king and queen.  I didn't make a good decision until I was at least... 42!"  Mother gives him a look, "Uh, you decided to marry me at 28."  Ben and I grin at each other, "It was either you or a teapot.  Kidding."  I can't help but laugh and Ben chuckles.

"Mom, Dad..." Ben starts to step down but the tailor shakes his head and makes him stay still.  "I've chosen our first official proclamation." Ben says slowly, "We've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon."  Brie quickly read her parents' expressions.  Shock.  They're just shocked.  "Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned," Ben explains defensively, looking out the window.  Father looks at me, "You agree with this?"  I nod confidently, "I do.  We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. We've already chosen them."  Father still looks skeptical, "Have you?"  

Mother gently reminds him, "I gave you a second chance."  

As he eases up, Mother turns to us both, "Who are their parents?"

I take a deep breath, "I chose the Evil Queen and Jafar."

Ben looks ready to die, "I chose Cruella De Vil...and Malificent."

The tailor drops what he's holding, gasping.  I shoot him a disapproving look and he scrambles to his feet, bows, and timidly runs out the room.  "Malificent!  She's the worst villain in the land!  I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes," Father says loudly.  I jump up and walk to Ben's side, "Dad, their children are innocent."  Ben jumps in, "Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? Dad?"  Father looks slightly skeptical but he looks at Mother and says, "I suppose their children are innocent."  Our faces light up and he leaves.  Mother kisses both of my cheeks and fixes Ben's jacket, "Well done."  She follows Dad out the room and I squeal, hugging Ben.