What's Up

Ness's Pov

"Hey! Ness!" I turned around to see who was calling out to me. Jeff. I grinned and walked towards him, sweat running down my face. He gave a huge smile and said, "You did great! Carrying the team as always" I laughed and said, "I suppose so"

Do you know what I do for a living yet? That's right I'm a first-year baseball player for the team at Onett. Cool right? And so far, it's really fun. People say that I carry the team but, I don't think so. I believe I helped as much as the rest of the team. But that's just in my opinion.

"Hey Ness! Get your ass over hear!" I turned my head. My team started to call me, joy dripping on their faces. I smiled, running over to them so we could cheer.

This is the 4th game in a row we've won this season. We're about to be in the championships. Can't wait.((fun fact: I don't watch baseball so I don't know how the game works😂))

Man oh man my life is great! I been on trying my hardest in college and baseball plus, I have a nice house. How fucking good can this life get? I mean I make a decent amount of money considering I work as a clerk and a mover too. So life is pretty good.

Me and Paula have been getting along too! I mean she's my girlfriend so of course we do. I forgot why we stopped talking all of a sudden. Whatever, I'll figure it out later.

"So...you planning on doing anything tonight?" Jeff asked. I turned to look at him and replied, " Nah bro. You?" Jeff smiled, putting his hands behind his head. "Me and Poo were wondering if you wanted to come over and celebrate your victory...again," Jeff stated.

"Sure why not."

"Great! Tonight at eight?"

"That's fine. First I gotta run and take care of some things. Imma bring my girlfriend too."

Jeff rolled his eyes.

"Whatever."

"Cool, see ya Jeff."

"See ya Ness."

And with that Jeff and I split. I started towards my house, hoping to find Paula when I got there. She normally gets off of work around this time so she should be there.

I grabbed the keys to my house and unlocked the door. My house was plain and simple. It had light blue tint on the walls of every room. The curtains were a sea through white while the rest of the furniture remained a periwinkle color. The kitchen was a decent size and had white marble for the counters. The cabinets where a ash brown. The 3 rooms weren't to different from the living room. The my bedroom, however, had sort of a comforting touch to it. The walls in there were a deep sea blue with posters all over it. The works space remained boring and the bathrooms where simple as well. Just a place I'd call home.

I placed my stuff down and headed towards my room. I opened the door to find Paula sitting on my bed in a...not so appropriate outfit. "Hey Ness~!" She said," I missed you~. Heard ya won your game again." I rolled my eyes and walked over to her."Hey cutie. We can't...play... today. I've got stuff to do." She placed her hands on her hips.

"Awwww! I was really hoping we could play today."

"Yeah me too."

"Damn. Why you always have to be so busy!"

"Well if I wanna get payed more I have to."

She crossed her arms.

"Ughh. Fine. Promise me we'll do it later?"

I smiled

"Of course."

Wanna know the truth...I do have time for her. It's just...she doesn't turn me on like she used to. So lately, it's been hard for me to...play with her. Sometimes it's hard for me to even kiss her. But...I still love her.

Once I finished getting dressed, I quickly said bye to her and left. I locked the door behind me and check the time. 4:57. I've got about an hour before I have to go to work so, I've got to do something to pass the time.

I decided I go to the park and walk for awhile. While I was walking there I got a text from Ninten. It's been a while.

Ninten: hey

Ness: hey

Ness: how's life in the city

Ninten: fine

Ninten: i still have my boyfriend so that's that

Ness: really who

Ninten: same boyfriend bro

Ninten: ya know Claus

I don't really remember him. Ninten keeps saying we were friends atone point but, I really don't remember him. It's funny because I hardly remember anything that happened my junior year. Its like my high school life just disappeared from my memory.

...I guess I'll worry about it later...