Chapter 33

"Good morning Kurty" Lily says, leaning over the bed and giving Kurt a kiss. It had been a few weeks since their standoff about his drug use and to his credit he had been clean since their talk, meaning things were back to a relative normal in the Cobain-Hopper household.

"Morning..." He groans, looking at the clock, "How long have you been up?"

"Just long enough to make coffee, do you want anything?" She asks and he shakes his head.

"I want you back in bed" He grumbles, grabbing her arm. She giggles as she falls onto the bed and he rolls over on top of her.

"I'm not letting you get up for at least 24 hours" He mumbles in between kisses.

"No can do we got places to be, baby" She responds and he gives her the stink eye before going back to kissing her neck.

"Hey before I forget—I saw that you were painting something last night, it looked amazing, like the work you were doing when we were living in Olympia!" She exclaims, putting her hand on his chest, and he blushes.

"Really?" He asks tentatively.

"Yeah, you should tell my dad about it when we go over there. He's practically more interested in your paintings than your music." She says and Kurt groans outwardly.

"Wait is that today?" He asks in a whiney tone and she nods, "I thought it was in a few days"

"Kurt its Christmas eve, it's the 24th" Lily replies exasperatedly.

"Oh don't pout. Come on, you love them. It'll be fine" She adds when he still doesn't respond. Kurt continues to frown until Lily leans in and kisses him, "Please be excited, for me?" She asks in a quiet tone.

He sighs and nods, kissing her back, "Fine but first can we please have sex" Lily giggles and nods, pulling him back on top of her in response.

Later that morning Lily and Kurt pack up his car and make the drive to Aberdeen for Christmas. This year they were going to spend Christmas eve with Lily's family and Christmas day with Kurt's.

Dinner is great; Lily's dad is almost completely healthy again, Teddy is thrilled to see Kurt, and April even brings her boyfriend over so they could meet him for the first time (though Lily did recognize him from the disastrous party that summer). Kurt and Lily entertain the whole family with stories of tour and dodge questions about their wedding, much to Lily's mom's chagrin.

"So you still have no idea when you might want to even start planning?" She probes and Lily groans theatrically.

"We're so busy mom, too busy right now to even think about that stuff" Lily replies.

"We'll settle down someday Katherine, trust me." Kurt grins, squeezing Lily's hand. She looks up at him lovingly while her mom gives her dad a knowing look.

"Just as long as you don't lose her in one of those European countries you're always in, we all know Lil has a horrible sense of direction." Her dad teases.

Later that night Kurt went off to his mom's place, he was sleeping there that night so he could open presents with his sisters on Christmas morning. Lily was lying in her sister's twin bed, giggling with her as they looked through yearbooks.

"Wes seems so sweet, him and Kurt seemed to like each other too which is sort of a miracle since he seems like a jock." Lily says and April blushes.

"He is really sweet. He isn't like most jocks believe it or not." She says before adding quietly, "Hey Lil, how did you know you were in love?"

"Which time?" Lily asks in a gentle tone.

"The first time"

"Well...with Quinn I'm still not really sure it even was love. It was obsession. It was being wanted for the first time, especially by someone who in my eyes was so important, so relevant to something I loved so much." Lily says, choosing her words carefully, "I definitely gave my heart to him fully but the fact that he didn't love me the same way...it was different than now."