Chapter 12

This chapter happens to come out on Kurt's 52nd birthday !!! Happy birthday Kurt, so many of us wouldn't be the person we are today without your art ❤️

The tour goes by quickly and without any major issues for the couple. Though they were sad to be away from one another all in all the trip was barely more than a week. Once Kurt got back they picked up right where they left off...utterly enamored with each other.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" Lily asks one last time.

"No I'll be fine, go hang out with Shelli, you guys are going shopping right? You've been saving money like crazy for weeks you deserve to go" Kurt replies from beneath the pillow, his voice slightly muffled.

Lily bites her lip for a second, thinking over her dilemma. Kurt's stomach had had him in agony since he'd gotten back from the English tour. Yesterday it had been so bad that before Lily left to work the night shift she had witnessed Kurt puke so many times she was worried he'd start coughing up blood.

Today, though it was still too early for Kurt to normally be up anyway, it appeared he was suffering the same problems. They seemed to be even worse today, or at the very least different. He was groaning and hiding under the covers instead of writhing on the bathroom floor in pain, they seemed almost more like hangover symptoms, which it probably was—a hangover from days and days of agony.

"Alright well if you need anything Kathleen's number is on the fridge, Dave will be there for sure. And if you do call him remind him that he lives here now too and that his roommates miss their best bud" She adds and she hears the closest thing to a laugh Kurt can muster.

"I'll pass along the message" He groans, "I love you Lil"

"Love you too, I'll see you tonight" She calls, grabbing her bag and kissing the back of his neck, the only part of his body exposed with his torso under the blanket and his head under the pillow.

Lily smiles to herself as she walked out the door, tomorrow was her and Kurt's six-month anniversary and though he didn't know it Lily was going shopping with Shelli in order to get help choosing a present for him.

She picks up Shelli and they head over to a few pawnshops and thrift stores until Lily finds what she thinks is the perfect gift.

"That's so expensive though" Shelli says hesitantly as Lily asks the worker at the pawnshop to bring down the rare book.

"Its his favorite book—first edition and signed by the author. I can't see this while looking for a gift for him and not get it" Lily counters, "Plus its not that crazy. Its not anywhere near the price of a guitar or something and he breaks those all the time"

Shelli shrugs in agreement, "I'm happy he found you. He got lucky." She states thoughtfully, "You're everything he ever wanted"

"What do you mean?" Lily asks, trying not to sound too nosy.

"I just think whatever he was missing with Tracy he found with you. I loved Tracy, we're still close, but she couldn't stimulate him artistically. She could take care of him like nobody's business but so can you...plus in you he has a partner, a collaborator for life, he's finally getting what he needs."

"Thanks Shelli" Lily says with a grateful smile. It was good to hear from someone so close to Kurt that they approved.

They drive back to Krist and Shelli's house and Lily comes in to get some lunch before she goes back to check on Kurt.

"Well after that stunt you pulled at the MCA dinner I doubt you two will ever be considered boring" Shelli rolls her eyes as they walk through the door, still mid conversation.