Chapter 13

Hey guys I know this chapter is really long but bare with me! Its worth it I promise! Also I would love it if you guys could leave comments letting me know how you feel about the plot, etc! I really do listen to your feedback :)

"Honey we're home" Kurt calls as they walk into the apartment. He and Lily had just gotten back from Thanksgiving dinner at her parents house and Dave was there to greet them upon their return.

"Hey, how was it?" Asks Dave, handing both of them a beer.

"They hate me" Kurt says matter-of-factly and Lily groans.

"Kurt they do not hate you. I guarantee you I would know it if they did, plus they hate very few people. You'd have to do a lot to get on that list" She interjects.

"What, like take their daughter away?" He responds, before taking a long sip of his beer, "Your dad hates me at least."

"No he doesn't"

"He hates me because I didn't go to college."

"Baby he didn't go to college" Lily says exasperatedly, "He works in the lumberyard"

"I know but he thinks I should've"

"No he doesn't! Kurt, if you're worried about them being upset about you 'taking me away' don't be. That ship sailed long ago. Trust me compared to the SS Quinn Johns you're a fucking saint to them" Lily replies, " And as for my dad, he told me he loves your art and wants to talk to you more about your process, he actually asked me today if you'd be alright with him coming by next week to look at your work"

Kurt looks surprised and Dave just laughs and claps him on the back.

"Well, well I guess you gotta face it Kurt, parents like you" He teases, "Sure that means you aren't punk rock anymore but that's ok. Maybe we can start playing polka"

Kurt gives him the finger as he sits down on the couch and pulls Lily onto his lap, "Invite them to the gig on Sunday, they can see the art up close" He says finally.

"Thank you" Lily says, lighting a cigarette and taking a drag.

"Pass me one" Dave says and Lily displays the empty carton.

"None left" She says and Kurt frowns.

"I'll run out to the store and get another pack, you guys want anything?"

Lily and Dave both shake their head. Kurt gets up, gives Lily a quick kiss, and heads out the door.

"So are you excited for the show later this week?" Lily asks, turning to Dave a few seconds after Kurt leaves.

"Yeah I mean Kurt has so many news songs its insane...I've never seen someone who can write so well, so consistently. His talent has made me more enthusiastic about being in a band than I have been for a while."

"He's so talented" Lily sighs, obviously in awe.

"Being in creative environment with someone like him is practically miraculous—he's just so inspiring. I know it sounds so cheesy but its true, we're so lucky to be around him" Dave says, hoping he doesn't sound too melodramatic but Lily understands.

"The luckiest people on earth" She whispers, thinking about how soon the day would come when the rest of the world would understand how incredible Kurt was.

"What are you guys talking about?" Kurt says, bursting back into the apartment holding the cigarettes.

"You, how amazing you are." Lily says simply and he rolls his eyes as he sits between her and Dave on the couch, obviously thinking she was messing with him.