nine

My eyes flutter open, remembering as I look up to the white stippled ceiling where I am. I sit up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes, stretching my arms up to the ceiling, a must whenever waking up. I look to the empty space next to me, realizing that Luke is no where to be seen. I jump up, running in the bathroom, to find Luke with a shaving foam beard on his face, and a razor in his hand.

"Morning," a smirk travels along his face when he sees the shocked expression written across my face. I let out a sigh of relief, clutching to the door knob of the bathroom door.

I roll my eyes and walk out again, looking at the mess of my backpack, the contents thrown across the floor. I go around the room, picking up pieces of clothing and other bits and pieces, grabbing a new pair of underwear and new top and shorts. I carry them in a bundle into the bathroom, hearing Luke faintly singing the closer I get. I walk into the bathroom, my toes curling at the cool tiles coming into contact, letting out a small laugh as I find Luke singing into his razor, turning to me with his pink cheeks, half a shaving foam beard, still singing a verse from close as strangers.

He grabs my hand, spinning me under his arm, making me let out a loud laugh, dropping my clothes on the floor. He spins me into his body, inches away from his face, I look down to his foam beard, feeling his hand interlocked with mine, resting on my waist, with my free hand, spreading the shaving foam all over his face, smirking as Luke presses his eyes shut, trying to hard not to get it in his mouth.

I let out a small laugh again, letting go of his hand, resting my hand on his bare shoulder, his t-shirt from last night somewhere I do not know. I push him a little towards the door, "I'll need you to go in the room," I smirk, looking at his face covered in shaving foam, his blue eyes piercing through.

"Why?" He pouts, picking up my clothes from the floor, handing them to me. I take them off him, pointing towards the shower.

"Because there is no shower curtain!" Luke smirks, shrugging his shoulders, rolling my eyes at his reaction.

"Well I don't mind!" He teases, walking further into the bathroom, continuing to shave the section which he missed before, "let me just finish," he pouts in the mirror, looking at his reflection, rolling my eyes and walking back into the room, sitting on the edge of the double bed.

"I don't even know why you're shaving, there's nothing there," I tease, shouting to Luke staring at the blank walls.

"Oh just be quiet," Luke calls back, hearing him laugh a little from the bathroom.

After a couple of minutes Luke emerges from the bathroom with the shaving foam gone from his face. "There we go" He laughs, waving his hands towards the bathroom, bowing as I walk past, pushing his shoulder lightly, making him let out a small laugh, shutting the door behind me.

I turn on the shower, the water coming out slowly, dripping into the shower, slowly picking up speed. Eventually I finish the shower, wrapping a towel around my body, brushing my hair through, landing to just above my shoulders, the ends loosing the blonde ombre that was once brighter than it is now.

I look at my appearance, sighing in the mirror, brushing my teeth, and applying a thin layer of makeup, finally applying a cat eye with some eyeliner, and throwing on the baggy white v-neck t-shirt, tucking the front in to the dark denim ripped shorts. I throw the towel over the side of the bath, taking my clothes from last night in my hands, walking back out into the bedroom.

I shove all my clothes in my backpack, grabbing my sunglasses and sliding the neck of one of the sides in the v of my t-shirt, letting them hang there, sitting quite nicely in the neck line.

I turn to Luke, who's now in a pair of black jeans with a hole in the knee, and a plain white t-shirt, "Oh look we're matching," I let out a small giggle as Luke raises his eyebrows.