Questions

"Wangji," Xichen said softly, rushing up to Lan Zhan as he was making his way back to Wei Ying's room.  He had left to allow the youth to say goodbye to his brother and sister. Though he loathed the thought of leaving him alone, he knew it was respectful to the other's privacy to do so, and therefore busied himself with helping others around the area clean up. After the interesting debacle that was Wei Ying last night, all were curious. Lan Zhan also took the initiative to squash any rumors which may have otherwise popped up. 

"Uncle has agreed, of course, to allow Wei Wuxian to join us. Though he is not exactly thrilled that he will return given all the troublemaking he had done the last time, he also acknowledged that you had never asked such a thing before, and therefore felt as though he should grant your request." Lan Zhan nodded understanding. He was relieved his uncle had agreed, else he would have stayed with Wei Ying and taken him back at a later date. "He has said, however that you are to take responsibility for him. So if he breaks the rules, you are to punish him." Lan Zhan nodded once more. This was reasonable, and something he had intended to do whether his uncle had said it or otherwise. He was in charge of punishment of the guest disciples anyways, and while this was a bit different than before, Lan Zhan once more had no problems with what his Uncle had asked of him.

"Brother," Lan XiChen began slightly hesitant, lookin at the younger with a bit of curiosity tinged in his eyes. "Why do you want to bring Wei Wuxian to the Cloud Recesses?" Lan Zhan looked at his brother. He contemplated saying nothing, but in the end decided to settle on a part of the reason. After all, his brother had gone through the trouble to get his uncle to agree, the least that he could do was tell his brother a little of the reasons why he wished Wei Ying to return with him even if he was not entirely certain of the full reason himself.

"Wei Ying did a service in aiding me during battle, despite barely managing to escape the Wen Clan dungeons. Furthermore he put himself in great risk to help defeat them almost costing him his life, and sanity. I worry that it may have taken a toll on him greater than he dares admit. This way, I can observe him, and ensure that he once more reaches a state of peace and stability." Xichen nodded, it made sense. Lan Zhan would feel a desire to help Wei Ying. At the same time though...

"Brother," Lan XiChen stated softly, bringing Lan Zhan to a stop. "You do not need to hide it from me. I know you care about him. Deeply. I do believe you wish to bring him to the Cloud Recesses to help him regain a sense of himself, to heal, but also because you wish him to be around. Yes or no?" Lan Zhan looked at Xichen, but did not answer the question. He did not need to, Xichen already knew the answer to what he had asked. 

Lan Zhan knew it was, improper. To wish the company of a man, but he allowed himself this selfishness. After all, he deserved something. He had missed Wei Ying for a month, he felt these...odd feelings when around him, but they were not unpleasant feelings. Plus, Wei Ying needed help to stabilize himself, and reestablished his own self. Lan Zhan knew that staying within the Lotus Pier would not help that, in any way whatsoever. Furthermore, he did not trust the boy's family to take care of him. Not the way he desperately needed right now at least. He also wanted to know what Wei Ying had used as a stabilizer for his music cultivation. He doubted it was something that would remain stable, and he wished to help with that as well. He knew that certain forms of cultivation could be dangerous if the stabilizing agent was not strong enough. He did not want Wei Ying to accidentally do something he would hate himself for. 

Xichen knew all of this, he had seen it in the way Lan Zhan had fought to protect Wei Ying during the last stages of the battle, against friend and foe who had tried to get anywhere near him, intentions good or not. He saw it in the way Lan Zhan had willingly stayed at a feast between Wei Ying, Jiang Cheng, and his Shiji, simply at the other's pleading insistence. He had seen the way Lan Zhan carefully watched over the youth, bringing him more food, not letting him drink too much at the feast, makin him drink water. The biggest indicator was, however, during Wei Ying's altercation with Jin ZiXuan. 

Jin ZiXuan was known for his unthinking words, which would at times cut a person apart. He was also known for his hauty arrogance. Still, at the offence of his sister, Wei Ying defended, physically. He had seen how Lan Zhan had frozen for a mere second, before rushing over without a seconds thought. He calmed Wei Ying down, with a voice only ever used on young toddlers, or fresh disciples, but mixed with the sternness often reserved for the troublemakers. Gentle, lulling, and stern. He had seen the worried look and Lan Zhan's eyes. Had seen it deep into his posture which was noticed only by him, the one who had basically raised Lan Zhan. He had seen the way Wei Ying clung to him tightly, as though Lan Zhan was the only one who he dared turn to, as though he feared the other would dissipate into thin air if he released Lan Zhan for even a moment. He had seen how Wei Ying had even chosen his younger brother over the biological family right next to them. The one previously being defended. It was enough that Xichen knew, without a doubt, even without the additional birth names which they uttered to each other, that the two had feelings for one another. If it was not enough the entire time they were in the lecture months at Cloud Recesses proved it even more.

 Perhaps they had not admitted it to themselves yet, but it was obvious that the two felt something deeper than mere friends, stronger than simple brothers. It was something soft, and sacred. Xichen knew what it was, but he dared not speak it out loud. Not when the two were so new. He would wait, subtly helping the two from the sidelines as any good brother would do. Hopefully, soon, they would understand each other, and admit to themselves and each other their feelings and thoughts.

So he watched, as Lan Zhan made his way into his room, which he had taken Wei Ying to, and watched as the two smiled softly at each other, Lan Zhan's there, if only for a second, and watched how despite Wei Wuxian had denied touch from all since the Wen Clan's defeat, he gave into a hug from Lan Zhan, melting into it.