Chapter 11

The people at the table were associates of Moonie's and Donovans. There was Sidra George, her powers envolved something like super strength and fast healing, and Eileen Prior, an empath. The big guy, whom I screamed at earlier, was Pjetr George, Sidra's younger brother and Davis' twin. They were fraternal, not identical. 

There was Tomas "Newt" Biler, reptilian regrowth abilities, could walk up walls, and see in the dark. He was a flirt, and a bit on the asshole side. Matt was Simmy's father, Clyde was Randy's father. They were both pretty nice, and Devonny fawned over them both. I had never really met a family like theirs, and it was interesting. 

During the entire exchange, I stood next to Donovan. From what I could understood, Donovan was the oldest son of a long line of dragons. They looked like humans, they could change shape, fly, use certain elements and were in various parts of the world. Some operated like normal humans for years, others kept in the politics of their race so to keep peace. 

Even got a bit of a history lesson as Metahumans were around for decades, centuries even. The only reason people were talking about them now was people were tired of hiding. Anyways, back to dragons.

Apparently, the person in charge in Donovan's family was their mother. She ran a Matriarchy, and graciously named each child with territory, and a respective chunk of her hoard. She officially named Lacey her last heir before forfeiting her title. Lacey was just a child, so most of her documents were taken care of by Donovan and Moonie.

One of their relatives, some distant cousin of a cousin who felt he had more right, took over their land. Kicked them out. When that wasn't enough, they started sending assassins. While they talked at the table, the kids grew bored and coaxed me into the livingroom. Lacey tried to be diligent, as what was being said had to do with her. Brandon gently nudged her, and motioned to us, standing in the doorway holding hands. 

I paused. "Bring a bowl of water?" I asked, feeling Starla twitch on my thigh. She had stayed on my leg, laying on layers of what I assumed was plasma to keep my skin from splitting open. It was really nice. It was flexible, didn't dry or tug at the ends of skin. Around the area was a numbed and she stayed in place. 

Simmy and Randy played some card game while I lay on the carpetted floor. It was clean, and felt very soft. When Lacey came to sit with us, she put the bowl in front of me. I transferred Starla to the bowl and lay on my stomach. Lacey, Simmy and Randy played Uno Cards, while I lay on my stomach. My arms were good as a head rest and drowsily listened to their card game. When I opened my eyes I saw Lacey staring at me.

"....Hmm, Jujubee?" my voice cracked with exhaustion. 

"You... You can shapeshift to anything you can think of?" she asked, putting her cards down.

I was so tired, it felt difficult to talk. My eyes closed and I nodded a bit. "Never made anything big-big though," I said lying my head sideways on my folded arms. "That wyvern.... was the biggest I've ever done.... Heaviest I ever did was a tiger."

Simmy gasped. "A tiger!" 

"Heaviest?" Lacey's voice held a a questioning tone. I opened one eye to look at her. 

"The wyvern thing... was probably no more than four hundred pounds. Muscles, scales, hollowed bones and airsacks like a bird. I did a tiger, and it was mostly muscle and flesh. Almost seven hundred pounds." I said, my volume low and gravelly. They probably thought I sounded annoyed, Randy looked a little upset. I reached over for Lacey's hand a placed a card in the pile. "Why do you ask?"

"....Could....Could you teach me how to shift?" she asked. 

"You're like Donovan then?" I yawned, Lacey nodded. "Are you having trouble changing forms?"