ᵛⁱ. sɪx

ᴄʜᴀᴏᴛᴇʀ sɪx
[ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ]

GUNSHOTS PULLED ME from my sleep. Round after round, someone was yelling, but I couldn't make anything out.

"What's happening?" Sasha asked.

"I don't know," Glenn responded.

We didn't know anything, we hadn't known anything since these people stripped us of our weapons, and forced us in this box. I didn't know how many days we'd been stuck here, it's hard to tell time when your stuck in a dark box.

"What is this? I've never seen it before." Abraham asked.

"It's coyote. Not much selection these days, but our hunters do what they can." Mary responded. Eugene's eyes narrowed as he studied his plate. Suddenly they widened, and he yelled out.

"Don't eat it! It's human!"

"What?" Sasha yelled, dropping her plate, everyone following in suit. I pulled my gun out of my waist band where I'd stashed it, aiming at a man with black hair.

"I wouldn't do that sweetheart, might make things very bad for you." I glared at him in response before I, like everyone else, was forced to my knees. My gun was yanked from my hands.

Someone stood behind me, grabbing my hands with their own as their friends pointed guns at us.

Someone pulled me to my feet, I felt their breath on my neck as they tied my hands. I dropped my head forward before swinging it back with such force I was worried I'd snap my own neck. I was released for a half a second before i was on the ground again, kick after kick being delivered to my head.

"Little bitch! You're going to be real sorry about that."

I was pulled back up, stumbling as my vision swam. They pushed us along towards a large red storage box, shoving us all inside before slamming the doors closed, several locks being secured.

"Cassandra why did you do that! They could of killed you!" Tara shouted. I winced my hand coming to hold my head.

"Their gonna kill us all anyway, I'd rather be shot in the head than grilled."

"Drop your weapons!" A man yelled from outside. "Now!"

"Ringleader, boxcar on your left." A short silence followed. "On your left, you go and the boy goes with you, or you stay and the boy dies and you end up in there anyway."

I could hear quiet footsteps outside the door.

"Now the archer... now the samurai." More footsteps followed.

"My son!" A man, right outside yelled.

"Go, kid!"

"Ringleader, open the door and go inside."

"I'll go with him!"

"Don't make us kill him now!" Everything was quiet for a moment, before the door opened and a mad stepped inside. Then another, then a woman, and finally a boy with a sheriffs hat placed on his head.

Glenn stepped forward from where we'd all huddled together. "Rick?" The man, Rick, had a scruffy beard, a winter coat covered his body along with a pair of jeans. Another man, standing behind him had a black eye, dark strands of hair covered his head. He stood in a black vest and shirt. Then a woman. A headband covered her dark hair, a sheath on her back that could belong to nothing other than a sword. A boy stood behind all of them blood covered one of his cheeks and his long hair fell in front of his eyes, a dark blue jacket clung to him.

Maggie followed, then Sasha and Bob.

"You're here."

Then Tara helped me stand, pulling me to the front with Rosita, Eugene, and Abraham. "Their our friends," Maggie spoke. "They helped save us."

"Yeah." A the man with dark hair and a black vest said. "Now their friends of ours."

"For however long that'll be." Abraham walked back towards the dark corner.

"No."

Both groups stared at each other. I looked over and saw Tara's face. She looked uncomfortable. "Can we uh, go back. My head hurts." I groaned. Saving her from her weirdness and myself from the awkwardness that surrounded her.

"Yeah, uh, sure." She sat me back down in the corner. I rested my head against the cool metal, my hand resting over my eyes to shield them from the light coming from the cracks.

Bob and Sasha were sitting with Maggie, Glenn with the two men who'd come in together. Abraham and Eugene sat together. Rosita and Tara both sat beside me.

A dark skinned woman walked over the boy she'd come with trailing behind her. "My names Michonne. This is Carl."

I ignored her. No need to make friends when I'm gonna die.

"I'm Tara, this is Cassandra. She's not a people-person." Michonne hmm'd.

"Rosita."

"What's wrong with your head?" She asked

I groaned, "I hit the shit out of one of em'."

"Didn't end so well for her," Tara added.

"Seems like you have a concussion." She said.

"Good for me." Tara elbowed me.

They sat down with us. I slid forward some, pulling in my legs that had spread out in-front of me and laying my head on the ground. Tara's shadow covered the light well enough.

"I've had a concussion before. Hurts like hell, but they go away eventually." I didn't respond, closing my eyes and falling asleep.