ˣᵛⁱⁱⁱ. ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
[𝐰𝐡𝐨'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧?]

I THINK GLENN MAY actually be right. Catfish was the best thing I'd ever had. Granted, my favorite food before that was probably a slightly expired generic candy bar, or like, stale saltines, so maybe my taste wasn't exactly refined.

When we returned, Abraham had been knocked out of his robotic position. He now sat, fully relaxed, drinking out of a clear water bottle.

Eugene had also made a recovery. Now, instead of his heat-stroked, catatonic state, he was sitting under the makeshift shade with Maggie drinking out of an identical water bottle. The former got up to greet us, meaning her husband, who she welcomed back with a kiss right out in the open.

Abraham also got up, a surprise to everyone.

"I, uh, I'm sorry for putting you through that shit, kid." His head was bowed in disappointment, a frown across his face.

"It's alright G.I. Ginger, I've seen my fair share of fights, trust me."

"Yeah, whatever, Ankle-Biter. With that mouth I'm sure you've gotten your ass kicked before."

"At least I don't look like the before picture on a rehab facility's brochure."

Abraham full on stopped short, his head whipping backwards as he looked at me with a gaping mouth for only a short second before it was running. "You cu- yeah? Well at least I could read the words on the brochure! Didn't you drop out at- like, what? Nine?"

"I was eleven, asshole. And actually, I had the highest reading level in my grade, so if anyone's illiterate it's your hillbilly hick ass."

Rosita sighed irritated, turning around to shove Abraham around and continuing on. "Are we gonna do this all the way back to the church?"

I turned to Abraham, "yeah I think I got a few miles left in me."

"I could eat," He responded

My eyes squinted and I shook my head at him as Glenn interjected, "What?"

"It's an expression."

"It's kind of a statement really," Tara argued.

"Literally what is the difference?" Abraham defended.

"Does it really matter to y'all that much?"

"Well, actually, in programming language terminolog-"

"Eugene, shut up!" Everyone yelled in sync.

"Alrighty."

Maggie groaned, tired of the fighting and ready to get back to her group. "Just— Get in the truck! All of you!"

The group complied in a chorus of grumbles, shoving their things in the storage compartment and getting ready to leave.

"You're the smallest Chuck Nun, in the middle you go." Abraham ushered as Tara and Rosita finally got situated in the back with Eugene.