3 || I am... Who?

I blink a few times, first at the leaves, and then at the man in front of me.

...What just happened?

"Phew." Jisung sighs, his posture slumping a bit while his face was written all over with relief. "I thought for a second I wasn't gonna get him."

Still trying to comprehend of just what happened, I blurt out the only thing I could think of. "Who are you? And where am I?"

I take a step back, cautious. "And who was Minho?"

Jisung looks at me, before letting out a sigh. "Sohye, is it? Come with me, and I'll take you back to town. I can explain everything on the ride."

He lends me his arm, and before I hesitate, he adds: "Don't worry, I'm not going to seduce you. I'm too awkward for that." He mumbles the last part, a slight laugh escaping his lips.

"Hmmmm..."

I mean, from the outside, he sure looks charming enough for any girl to fall for him.

But I mean,

he doesn't seem bad.

A small smile appears on my lips.

Taking in trust from his genuine aura, I agree, and hop on.

He then grabs the reins attached to the "horse", and shakes it a few times. "Hold onto me tight." He says.

"Wait, what do you- AaAaaaaaHhHhhHh!"

Before I could finish my sentence, we take off, indulging in what I can say was the most bumpiest, and fast horse ride I have ever been on in my entire life. I immediately cling onto Jisung, my arms encircling his back as I squeeze him.

"Hey!" You call out to Jisung. "Now, can you tell me about this place?"

"Oh, yeah, sure." He says, not taking his eyes off the path in front of him. "I'll start off with the joker, since you're so curious about him."

"Joker? You mean Minho?"

I could hear him sigh, taking in a sharp breath as if he was preparing himself to say something bad. "Yes, now listen."

"He... Is interesting. For a faithful servant under the king of hearts, he's very, very, sly, devious as well. He seduces people into doing things for him, putting them under mind spells. You got lucky I found you in time."

I blink a few times, questions sprouting up in my mind one after another. "Wait, how does the king trust him so much... If he's like, you know, that?"

"Because there are no rules in wonderland. Almost everything has a mind of its own, making it impossible to steal, to commit murder, or literally do any sinful. Minho doesn't do anything overbearing to the people he seduces, he just uses them for better completion of whatever mission the king gives him."

But then suddenly, Jisung stops talking. He stalls for a bit, before saying something. "Just, heed my warning, and stay away from him."

"Ahhhh." I say, giving in to Jisung words. "I trust that you know your stuff. And where are you taking me?"

He spins his head around and smiles at me. "I'm taking you back to town, and you can find a place to stay, while I report to the King of hearts of your arrival."

"Hmm." Hearing the reassuring and gentle tone, I find myself comfort, burying my face into his back. "Thanks Jisung." I smile. "You're really kind."