Dylan Spritz POV - Making peace

I had a few drinks with Finn and we stared to get along really well. Before I knew it Chelsea and Lily had arrived at the party.

"She's here!" Jess said as she tapped me on the shoulder.

"Yeah. Okay. Thanks." I replied feeling rather nervous.

"Look Finn. Ive got to go and make peace with the misses. Can you keep an eye on Hucklefinn and friendsy up to him while I'm gone?" I asked.

"Sure." Finn replied. "I'm not going to like pretending to like that freak but if we can get the info we need, it's worth it."

"Thanks man!" I replied. I walked towards Chelsea and Lily.
"Hey! Can I talk you in private Chels?" I asked.

"Fine. I guess so." Chelsea replied. I took her outside to the back of the swimming pool where it was quite.

"I'm sorry Chelsea. I've been foolish." I said.

"Very foolish, I thought you would protect me not leave me in danger." Chelsea said.

I knew she was right. "I know. I was scared, confused and I didn't want you to worry. I thought I could handle your safety."

"You're not my security guard Dylan. You are my boyfriend, the one guy who I have always relied on to keep me safe. You was doing a good job until this shit happened." Chelsea said sternly.

"I was wrong. But I make mistakes, we all do. It's just the human process, we make mistakes to understand and learn, and now I have learnt my lesson." I said.

"What lesson is that then?" Chelsea asked.

"That to protect you, I must always do the right thing to keep you safe. I shouldn't take matters into my own hands but I did and I was wrong. I'm just so scared of losing you that I overthink and I get paranoid and I just lose my fucking mind when I think about you but not in a bad way, in a good way because I know if you're by my side then I have nothing to fear and that's why I reacted the way I did because... I'm so frightened of losing you. If you go, I go!" I said.

"Dylan I know how you feel. I know you wouldn't do this on purpose but my life was in danger and it still is right now, if you'd have thought about this properly it might have been dealt with by now." Chelsea explained.

"I will not let any harm come to you! I will protect you always!" I said.

"I know you made a mistake but you can make it right." Chelsea said.

She grabbed my hand and smiled at me. I smiled back.

"Hold me. Look up to the stars like we did on that camping trip we took a year ago. Do you remember what you said to me."

"Yeah." I laughed. "The most cheesiest thing you said you had ever heard in your life."

"Yes. And what did you say Dylan?" Chelsea asked while holding me.

"That your eyes are like a clear blue sky and you are the only one star that I see in my eye." I replied.

"Yes!" Chelsea giggled. "And then what did I ask you?"

"You asked how long I thought we would last." I replied.
"And I said 'knowing my luck two bastard weeks.'"

Chelsea giggled "yeah. And we lasted longer than a whole year and I know we have a future together. Just please never betray me like that again."

I apologised. "I'm so sorry babe! I know we have a connection that cannot be broken. Lots of people tell me they see our bond. And I never want this bond to break."

"It never will." Chelsea began.
"If you start behaving."

"Babe, how could I ever disobey you!" I joked.

We stared up to the stars. A shooting star shot past the sky where we were watching.

"Wow!" Chelsea cried.
"So did you make a wish babe?"

"I don't need to make no wish. It already came true." I said as I put my lips towards hers.

Chelsea spoke as her lips came close to me. "You're such a cheesy bastard."
Our lips then connected for a while as we closed our eyes, wanting no other company than the company we already had. It felt magical.