A gift from Asgard

Start from the beginning

Goku: Maybe. But you at the same time, you can't expect the bad guys to take a day off. They will do some crime, and you have to be there to stop it.

Maria: Well said, Goku.

This surprised the young Avengers as they turned around to see her.

Maria: It's no wonder why Mjolnir deemed you worthy enough to wield it.

She goes up to him and gave a quick kiss on his forehead, making him blush as she walks away. Yet, the twins were stunned that she said that the young boy managed to wield Thor's hammer.

As they discussed about it, Steve and the others discuss about something interesting. Yesterday, Thor returned and told them that he will come back today to give a gift to Goku for being the first mortal to lift Mjolnir.

Clint: Has he returned yet?

Nat: No. Not yet. I wonder what is going to give Goku?

Steve: Luckily, it's not going to be any kind of drink. I know Thor can't be that stupid enough to ever give that to my son.

Maria: And if he does, we won't let Goku near it.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

FRIDAY: It appears that you don't have to worry, Commander Hill. Thor has just arrived and it looks like he doesn't have any kind of beverage.

Soon after she said it, the God of Thunder strode in the room with joyful look his face. He carries a big box wrapped with blue cloth and a red bow tie on top.

Thor: Greetings my friends, I have returned.

Goku: What's in the box, Thor?

Thor: Ah, this one is for you. On behalf of Asgard, Young Goku, please accept this gift.

Now he knew what is going on. He remembered Thor telling him he'll give him a gift for being the first Mortal to ever lift Mjolnir. He goes to him as he puts the box down.

Goku: hehe. Thanks, Thor. But really, you didn't have to give me anything.

Thor: Nonsense, young fighter! You are the first mortal to be deemed worthy of wielding Mjolnir. The least I can do to honour such a feat is give a present that will amaze you in one way or another.

Everyone crowded to see what was inside as Goku unties the bow and opens the box. Then, shining in the morning sun, was the metal of a long bladed sword.

Underneath the sword was a large Shield, one that can even rival Captain America's shield