Welcome To The Family Part 2

Author's Note: This chapter was revised by crossoverLIFE19. 😊

         Everything crowds beyond the comfort limit, and I'm holding back from hiding in one of the darkest corners and curling into a ball. Everyone who passes me either looks like a threat or feels like they'd rather be insulting me than looking at me. The only other VK is Mal, the one I'm most certain hates my guts. She hovers over Ben's family, and the reminder makes me grimace. Every family of royalty probably lingers somewhere in this overgrown garden, and I don't even get to see my dad - unlike what they promised. 

          "Hey, are you okay?" Ben lays a gentle hand on my shoulder, but I still jump away. 

         Looking at the prince briefly, I try to see the sincerity to his words. I know he's one to care for everyone that lands in his kingdom, but my nerves have frayed through the day. A moment later, I finally utter, "I'm gonna find out soon." I look away from him, holding my staff to my chest as I force my feet to stay glued to the ground. 

           Moments before I see Ben moving to walk away, Fairy Godmother scurries up to one of the stage managers and snatches a microphone. 

           "Bibbity-Bobbity-Boo! Everyone, please welcome King Nicholas St. North Overland!" 

          The words send a chill to my spine, and I hold my staff even tighter. Looking ahead, the only guest that stands out is the one I least expect - or want, for that matter. Nice, Dad. You failed to warn me that Grandpoppy is bigger than a Russian soldier. The man walks around with a large grin, dressed in a winter coat and boots in mid-summer, little elves sitting on his shoulders and mocking everyone. So, his sanity is hanging on a thin thread too... That's a dangerous combo. Worst of all, tied to his hips are long sabers, glinting in the sun as he grins down at the crowd.

 Worst of all, tied to his hips are long sabers, glinting in the sun as he grins down at the crowd

          "Just call me North!" He booms, with loud, belly shaking laughter.                          "OHOHOHOHOHO!"

              "Now everyone, welcome her majesty, Queen Toothiana and her husband, Chief E

              "Now everyone, welcome her majesty, Queen Toothiana and her husband, Chief E. Aster Bunnymund! And their little girl, Princess Sophie!"