Bibbity-Bobbity-Boo-Hoo!

Author's Note: Happy Easter! This is the next edit done by crossoverLIFE19. Enjoy! And thank you so much, crossoverLIFE19!    

     Dizzy gets out first, hanging onto Evie's hands as the two dance forward. The king guides Celia out next, smiling back as Mal follows in his steps. The screams increase, and the noise makes me cringe into the seats. Jay leads the twins out, leaving only me and Carlos left in the car. 

  "Come on, Jack," Carlos says, patting my shoulder.

      My eyes trace his movements as he moves outside, and I resign to follow in his steps. Clutching my staff, I slowly move towards the door until I'm outside once more. Immediately, all of my senses are bombarded; the beaming sunlight, the screaming crowd, the beating drums thrumming through my spine, and so many anomalies hoarding my senses in seconds. A yelp rips through my throat before I throw myself back into the car, ignoring everything else as I try to slow my breathing. I only catch the wind of someone yelling my name before I shut out all the sounds, blocking my ears and curling into myself. 

      Suddenly, a hand lands on my shoulder. My eyes snap open and meet the blue irises of King Ben, looking at me with pity and worry. 

      "Jack? Are you okay?" He asks, confirming my suspicions. I grumble, looking away from his leaning form and back into my arms. 

     "Just turn the car around, take me back, and I'll be fine," I mumble. 

     "Hey, I know this is all new and strange, but give it a chance. You might like it here." 

      I doubt that, I think bitterly. Still, Father's words ring in my head. You deserve what was denied to you since birth! He wants me to do this - he's raised me to embrace my fears and learn from them. Shaking off my nerves, I slowly crawl back out of the car with King Ben still leaning over me. We move to join the others after he sends a comforting smile. I don't return it - simply stand in a line with the other VKs. Not long after that, the band finishes their obnoxious sound, spreading out to make way for a plump woman in purple and blue. Her smile rivals that of a hyena's - though a little less crazy, thankfully. As she gets even closer to showcase her perfect bun and the radiating warmth of a mother, I can feel bile start to rise in my chest. 

      Oh, I already don't like you. 

      "Hello everyone, welcome to Auradon Prep," she greets, meeting each of our eyes as we stand in the line. "I'm Fairy Godmother, the headmistress." She does a small curtsy, causing my eyes to roll. 

      Oh, yes, THE Fairy Godmother! Ooh, should I grab the nearest pen and ask for an autograph from the dream-killer?

     "The doors of wisdom are never shut! But the library hours are from 9 in the morning to 11 every night. And you may have heard I have a little thing about curfews," she continues, a little smile on her face as she attempts a joke. 

     "Oh! Bibbity-Bobbity-Boo-Hoo to you! Worried about your little rules!" I snap. 

      All eyes turn to me but I don't let my glare waver as I stare down Fairy Godmother. I hardly register the flakes of snow collecting in my hair and patting down my sweater as snow begins to sprinkle from the once clear skies. 

     "You think I'm gonna thank you for this stupid display of... hypocrisy!? Please -this is your way of bribing VKs to not get revenge for dooming them long before their mommies met their daddies! Don't even try to deny it! It may have been 'good' King Beast's idea to banish the whole lot you call villains, but the magic barrier that keeps everyone in total misery? That's all you and your self-righteous wand!" 

      I glare at everyone in front of me, especially Fairy Godmother as my anger grows. It pulls my gut, a harsh tug more fierce than the slight pull in the limo. 

      "Jack! You're causing a snowstorm!" Mal yells at me. 

      I pull my eyes away from everyone at the sudden yell, gazing at the sky. Snow blazes around the palace, circling the trees as the wind shoves the citizens who stand in its way. Even as the white flurries attach to my eyelashes and cloud my sight, I don't feel the bite of winter snow should bring. No matter - I have to get control of it before someone gets hurt. I may hate Auradon, but hurting the civilians who have nothing to do with my past makes me worse than Fairy Godmother herself. Taking in a deep breath that soothes my aching throat from withholding more tears, I wave my staff and force my anger to dissipate. I block out everything around me, forcing myself into a serene state as I flash myself to one of my favorite memories. 

       The day my dad and I made a gingerbread house together. 

        Daddy had saved every single sweet ration he could find, since the beginning of September. He refused to let me have a single bite of the hoarded candy; no matter how much I pouted. It was like that for months - until Christmas Eve finally came. I still remember the way Dad called for me from my room as my feet dangled over the edge of my cage. 

       "Jack!" His voice was playful and scheming, but my limbs had felt like lead as I got comfortable in my cage and ignored his call. 

     "Jackson Overland Pitchiner Frost! Get in here, or I'll stuff a pillow with you!" The threat still pulls a snicker from me and I can feel the blazing breeze calm to a gentle brush against my skin. Dad loves those threats, but everyone knows he would never go through with any of them. At least - not to me. No matter, I allow the memory to guide me towards the kitchen to follow my dad's command. At the rusted threshold, a sweet aroma bombarded my senses. And while it will never be the same, intoxicating smell of Auradon's fresh chocolate - it brought joy to my heart that day. 

       "Mmm. Whatcha cookin', Daddy?"  I asked with the humor that had followed my question in line with curiosity. 

      When Dad turned toward me, he had a small crooked smile so similar to mine that it brought a wave of calming familiarity. "WE are making our first ginger breadhouse. This is an old Pitchiner family tradition and even here on this wretched island we will continue to enjoy it!" 

     As time passes beyond my memory, the snow slows to a steady beat. I lose myself in the moments - watching behind a glass wall as Daddy tried to leash my younger self into fixing the crumbled, stale gingerbread house. We had stuck on so many cracked sweets that the wicked witch would grow jealous - until I had dabbed some frosting on Daddy's nose. I had topped it with a cherry - a chortle leaving me as he pouted and gave me a pitiful glare. 

      "Nasty little cretin," Daddy had growled. But we enjoyed that gingerbread house that year and all the following years.

        A collective sigh of relief brings me out of my stupor to see the snow slowing to a stop

        A collective sigh of relief brings me out of my stupor to see the snow slowing to a stop. In seconds, all traces are gone and the yard looks as summer-lit as it did before. The only hint of the chaotic events lay in the inch of snow that sits at everyone's feet. Looking around, I notice everyone's unease - I, myself, feel the nervousness grow as everyone steps away from me. 

        "Okay!" King Ben exclaims a little too cheerfully, breaking the suffocating silence. "How about a tour?"

❄❄❄❄❄❄

Author's Note: Next chapter is here! How did you like Auradon and Jack's first impression of each other? Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please comment, vote, and share this chapter. Thank you!🤗🤗🤗