Carlos, My BFF Once More!

Author's Note: This the latest chapter edited by crossoverLIFE19. Thank you so much, crossoverLIFE19!

        "Jack! You can fly!" Carlos exclaims, running towards me with wide eyes.              

         "Yeah! What else can you do!?" Dude, asks in excitement, wagging his tail. 

          I grin at them, waving my staff onto my shoulders. 

          "He's way too dangerous to be in Auradon!" Chad yells, ripping us away from our excitement. I snarl at him as he marches towards me, pointing an accusing finger in my face. In seconds, snow begins falling around us again. "See! He can't even control his powers!" Chad backs away with a hatefully smug look. 

          "Chad!" Ben runs to stand by me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder despite the flurry cloud over my head. "Don't do this," Ben warns. 

           Carlos nods, holding my free hand. I can't help but squeeze Carlos' hand back; despite everything, I still remember when it was me and him against the Isle. 

             "Carlos!" Cruella De Vil screeched, while Carlos and I were trying to figure out how many cartwheels we could do in a minute. 

            Carlos winced at the sound; the blood draining from his face fast enough for his freckles to stand out. I wanted to throw my arm over his shoulder and tell him it was going to be alright, but Cruella grabbed his ear. The harsh tug made his ear turn red, and even I flinched as she dragged him up. 

             "I told you, I didn't want a speck of dirt in the house! And just look at my boots! They're FILTHY!" Cruella screamed, shaking Carlos so hard that I heard his teeth rattle. 

              I remember the anger that pulsed through me with Cruella's cruel actions, and how the strong urge to simply do anything to help suffocated me. 

             "Cruella!" I had yelled out, grabbing both of their attention. "Was that baby talking just now?" I pointed to her stuffed dog with a squint, as if I was listening to something. Cruella looked at me as if I was nuts, which still makes me scoff; she's always been the worst nutcase on the Isle. Still, I followed through with my plan. "I think Baby said that some no-good, sneaky pirate was raiding your fur closet right now!" I pretended to panic and pointed her towards her house. 

                Carlos' eyes had widened as he finally understood what I was doing.

            "WHAT!? MY FURS! MY BABIES!" Cruella screeched and ran back into her mansion to check her closet. 

             Carlos and I had only sat in the silence for a moment - long enough for Cruella to be long gone. Finally, Carlos looked to me with a smile and we both released a laugh. 

            "Thanks, Jack," Carlos said. 

            "I always got your back, Carlos De Vil." 

            "And I always got yours, Jack Frost!" 

             We had spent the rest of the day at my house until Carlos was forced to go home the next day. 

               "Jack, are you okay?" Carlos' voice pulls me out of the memory, and I glance up to see him looking at me. 

               I don't answer right away, simply blinking to gather my bearing again. I sit on the familiar bed I've been stuck with for a while - and the same walls only Ben could have. 

               "You kinda zoned out for a bit," Dude says, licking my hand. 

               I pet him, both for the distraction and to get his spit off of me. 

              "I'm fine," I reassure them. I look away from Dude, glancing from Carlos to Ben and back again as we all surround my bed. "Thank you." 

              "I always got your back, Jack Frost," Carlos laughs, patting my back. 

               "And I always got yours, Carlos De Vil," I repeat our last promise, sending him a smile. 

                Maybe we can be best friends again.

❄🐕❄🐕

This chapter is in memory of Cameron Boyce. The actor of Carlos De Vil, who passed away so soon. I will never forget his desire to help others. He will be missed.

Author's Note: I hope you all liked this new chapter. I enjoyed writing it. To those who've already seen Descendants 3 how'd you enjoy it. I loved it! Please vote, comment, and share this chapter. Thank you! 🤗