5: ~It Hurts~

Credit artist: Instagram - youthagainstinfantz
-
-
-
Grian's P.O.V.

Iskall and Mumbo have concerned looks are their faces as Ren tells me about not moving around. I don't understand fully what's happening until they started pulling.

"AHHGGHHH MMMMFH!"

"Grian please don't move! It'll hurt more."

My whole body shocked up and I try to resist the pain by pulling away my body. Mumbo and Ren momentarily stop as Iskall starts to wrap me in bandages. I'm so light-headed. I hurt so badly. Everything. Please stop. I hurts so-

"NAGGGGGH PLEASE STOPSTOPSTOP IT HURTS!"

My thoughts were interrupted by them pulling the rod a bit further out. Mumbo lets go to lean over and embrace me.

"Mumbo! We have to keep pulling!"

"Ren wait! Please! He's in horrible pain."

"The faster the better Mumbo!"

Mumbo gives me a weak smile which give me a warm calm feeling. They start again pull faster.

"MMNNNMAHGHHH!"

I try so hard not to thrash out in pain. It's so hard not to. This is the closest I've come to dying and I hate it. I thrash my head up and smack it on the concrete floor. Iskall then puts his hand under my head.

"Mumbo! Please! We have to pull faster."

"Mumbo. I'll switch you out."

"Wait no Iskall. Don't-"

"Mumbo do you know what you are doing?"

"Yes. Kind of, I've done something like this in a camp thing."

"Mumbo. All you have to do is push the gauze pad on the wound after we remove the rod. Okay?"

"Simple enough."

Iskall gets up and hands him the medical supplies. Iskall adjusts his hands on the rod to get a good grasp. He looks at Ren and they both nod. They then look at Mumbo. Mumbo is starring at me. He looks so sad. I feel terrible. I hate myself for getting myself into this mess. I hate making Mumbo unhappy and everyone else stressed. I tear up. The thoughts are racing again. My body aches from guilt.

Mumbo rests his hand on my head and smiles.

"You know, we really adore you Grian."

Mumbo then nods at the two boys. They jolted the rod up further out of my body. I can feel my stomach shifting in weird places. It's so agonizing! I tried to move but Mumbo kept me lightly constraint. My tears become more rapidly falling from my face. I hold my breath as they almost pull it out.

"MUMBO NOW!"

They rip the rest of the rod out leaving my wound empty. Mumbo applies pressure to the gauze pad on my wound. I hiss to the pressure.

"Sssssmmmgh."

"Grian is okay. You're okay Grian."

Iskall and Ren rush over to me and wrap my wound with the bandages. I don't feel well. I had gotten used to the rod in my stomach but something is off. I feel so sick inside. I want to pass out but I can't. My whole body is aching but I'm wide awake in horrible pain.

"Hey. Nice job Mumbo."

Mumbo nods at Iskall.

"Now how are we going to get the debris off Grian's legs and arm?"

"You and Ren quickly lift the heavy debris off him while I finish bandaging up Grian."

Iskall starts small talk with me while he is patching me up and Mumbo and Ren are lifting the large blocks off my limbs. I feel the weight coming off my limbs. Mumbo and Ren are managing the debris. I wanted to scream out in agony but I was so drained. My arm was the first to be freed then my legs after.

Iskall has finished my stomach wound temporarily. I watched as he made a sling for my arm.

"Mumbo. I can't bandage his legs like this. We need to get to TFC's base. Do want to care him?"

Mumbo simply grabbed me bridal style and gave a happy smile. The whole gesture made me blush softly. I really hope he didn't notice. Or anyone in fact.

"Ren. Do you think it's safe enough to fly to the base?"

"Well. It's not far from here so we might as well just do it."

They all prepared for flight. Mumbo's arms are so comfortable. Iskall puts his elytra on all the while I was admiring Mumbo's strength to just simply grab me like that. The suit he wears really defines his muscles and how tone he is. His face, his hair. I've falling for him all over again.

"Alright I think we have everything, Grian. Check. Ren. Check. Supplies. Check."

Ren rockets off before Iskall can finish. Iskall produces a scowl and follows after him. Suddenly we take off as well. I've never been carried in the skies before. Mumbo is watching the skies and navigating through rough terrain. I start to feel light-headed again. With Mumbo holding me I feel so safe and sound. I just...

Mumbo's P.O.V.

I hear light snoring from the little Grian. He's dozed off in my arms. I would adore him more but I have to keep my eyes on Iskall and Ren. I've never carried someone with me while on an elytra but it's surprisingly easy. Well. With Grian at least. He is so light and delicate.

Iskall starts to decline downwards and I follow suit.  We land at TFC's bunker house.

"Mumbo, is Grian asleep?"

"Surprisingly yeah Ren. Now let's get him inside. We all should probably wash up and tend to Grian's wounds."

"Good by me."

The group walks into the bunker. Tango and Doc then approaches us with complete concern.

"Mumbo! What in the world happened to Grian!" Tango and Doc both exclaimed.

"Long story short, Grian fell from the sky I think." Ren replied as I run to the nearest empty bed. Biffa and Cub are passed out in two of the beds with various wounds and bruises. Stress was occupying another bed looking sickingly white. I lay Grian down on a medical bed next to Biffa's. Both Tango and Doc tend to Grian's wounds as he sleeps soundly.

~Words: 1010