3: ~I Can't Breathe~

Credit artist: Instagram - zbizmak
-
-
-
Grian's P.O.V

"G!" "Grian! "GRI!" "GRIAN!" "GRIAN!!" "G!!"

"WHERE ARE YOU!"

"GAH!- ugh- mmm."

My eyes flash open quickly. My head feels heavy and my mouth is extremely dry making me reflex cough. Wait... what... is this?

Blood.

"No nonononono! Erch!" I vomit out blood viciously. I can't feel my arm nor legs. My stomach is turning and everything is dark. Is this a dream? Or a nightmare? I take time finally to take in my surroundings. I seem to be in a building with debris everywhere, I'm surprised I wasn't crushed by the floors above me. Whoever constructed this building is great at what they're doing.

My eyes finally gaze at my torso, the pain finally sinking in. Impaled inside of my stomach is a semi-large rod. My left arm and legs are crushed underneath the weight of some stone blocks and other debris. This is makes me want to vomit, but something is stopping that.

Pain. I can feel everything now. No longer numb to that sleeply haze I was in. I tried to move. But to no avail. "GAHH! Sscthh. Mumbo!  .... Iskall! .... Ren!" My voice echoed through the empty building. The wind had calmed but the rain was relentless. Lightning, thunder. My fear was amplified when I realized completely I am alone.

I had pieced together what happened but what do I do now? "H-help! Argh..." My voice is already dying on me. I felt everything shift inside of me and oh boy did it hurt. "NGAHH! Uagh."

I thought maybe if I tried to pull out this rod I'll be able to walk again. I reached my right hand over to my stomach area where the rod is. I start to slightly tug on it. "GAHHH! NOPE NOPE BAD IDEA!" I can't walk anyways, both my legs are broken.

My thoughts are getting more clouded. I can't seem to breathe. I'm panicking! I'm scared! I-I might never be found! I.... I.... I might die out here alone. I feel a puddle of warm blood pool around my stomach. "I'm gonna die..." The tears fall down my face. Somehow louder than the rain, my tears splashed down on the floor. Every second of my life at this moment in time was slower. "M-m-mumbo. I-I...."

The tears spill down my face, burning the cuts it touched. The fear that someone might not even trying to find me fills my head. This hurts, all of it hurts! Jeez, who would wanna rescue me, all I've done is start a war, prank innocent people. I've barely talked to anyone, no one comes to my base to check on me. So why would they check on me now? My mouth is quivering, I'm trying to yell for help but all my thoughts are telling me not to.

'Grian you're just a burden to them.'

'They regret inviting you here.'

'They just want you dead.'

'Worthless...'

'Idiot...'

'Waste of space...'

'You could die here and no one would care.'

'Would they even build a grave for you? Or just throw your body in a fire?'

These thoughts are rushing loudly in my head. I'm always anxious but this is another level. I can't conceal my tears as usual. I wimpier, sharp inhales come from me as I continue to cry out. I hate this feeling, but somewhere deep inside. I feel like I deserve it. I can't keep faking myself. I might as well just die here. And who the bloody hell would care!

Mumbo's P.O.V

I can't sleep. Something is wrong. I don't know what but I feel as if I have to go out. I mean it's calmed down a bit so it's okay. Even if it didn't I'd still go anyways. 'Cause something isn't right! I stood up quietly walking away from Iskall and Ren. I'll be back soon. With Grian.

I traveled outside the cave as I suddenly heard my name being called.

"It's Grian!"

I sprint off in the direction I think it's in. I'm running through broken glass, buildings and other debris. It's cutting and bruising my entire body but I didn't care. Grian. Grian is all I'm thinking about. My heart and mind sinks to the fact that he might be dead when I arrive. I picked up the pace. I swear to you that I was faster than an electra on max firework power.

I stop. I hear crying and whimpering. I turn my head to see a puddle of murky blood under a broken build. Words could not describe how fast and how relieved I am to hear Grian. But that all stopped.

Grian was in a state that made me want to vomit. Tears flowing out of his eyes and almost whole body crushed under the weight of the debris. The pole in his stomach didn't make things better.

"G-grian..."

"Oh god Grian..."

Grian looks up at me and quickly winces. I ran to help him,

"DON'T TOUCH M-mE!"

He starts to heave blood. I don't get it. Why. Why doesn't he want help!?

"Grian I'm going to help you it's okay."

"PLEASE! Just let me die here!"

"Grian please don't be stubborn."

Sudden déjà vu hit me. But I'm not knocking him out. That might hurt him.

"I don't wanna be here anymore! I want the voices to stop! I want to... to..."

Grian's breathing is getting more intense. He's having his panic attacks. I've caught him at his base multiple times heavily breathing and mumbling terrible things about him. I just want to tell him that he is loved and truly everything is okay. But he won't listen. It's sad, I don't know how to help but I do.

"Grian. It's okay. I'm here and Iskall and Ren are here also. We were looking for you. Because we love you."

Saying that sentence felt warm. He's said love you before but I've never, I'm too shy.

"I really don't care anymore Mumbo... I want to make you happier and everyone else. So let me just-"

"That would never make me happy, I swear if you let me do this to you I'll never forgive myself Grian. Please, it's breaking my heart to see you like this."

"I-I-I.... I'm scared Mumbo! I really don't wanna die! But I might!"

"Iskall and Ren have medical supplies Grian. I need to get them. Stay here okay. Well... your legs are broken so..."

"Hehe... I can do a hand stand!"

"With one hand Grian? And a pole in your stomach?"

;)

"Grian I swear. I love being with you, you absolute babe."

Grian smiles at that. I wave at him sprinting off to retrieve Iskall and Ren.

~Words: 1128