Hospital Wing

Ara seemed more willing to go down and watch the quidditch match than either of her brothers thought she would be. They thought they were going to have to convince her to go. 

"You seem in better spirits after your trip," Hyperion pointed out as they walked down to the pitch. 

"I had a nice time. Plus, I am trying to concentrate on OWLs. I don't want to do poorly on them." Ara answered her brother's question in a way that satisfied her, but not him. Both of her brothers, in fact, were curious as to why she was in such a better mood. She was even doing better in Potions, which is the class they shared with James. 

"What was your favorite part?" Scorpius was trying to find out, along with his brother, if something had happened.

"What are the two of you getting at?" She had no intention of telling anyone about Ames. It would be pointless, seeing as she probably wouldn't ever see him again. 

The boys figured she wasn't going to tell them anything further and decided to drop the subject. The game was more evenly matched than anyone would have thought, and James struggled to keep up with the other seeker. He was focused today, which was good, but he didn't really feel that well, and it was slowing him down.  

He almost felt as if he would be sick right off his broom, but he wanted to win so badly that he pushed the feeling down and tried to concentrate on catching the snitch. It flew past him suddenly, and he took off in the opposite direction. It was fact and abrupt, and he hadn't looked before he turned, and soon he was falling end over end toward the ground. His broom was smashed into two by a bludger, and he braced for impact. 

It felt as if the air would never enter his body again when he hit the ground. The worst was yet to come, though. The pain in his shoulder and back her terrible. Also, he could tell from here that his arm and leg were probably broken as well. He closed his eyes and waited for someone to get to him. 

Albus and Hugo were holding Lily back from practically jumping out of the stands to see if her brother was alright. She was screaming and crying for them to let go, but the professors were almost there, and she really wasn't going to be much help. 

"Al, let me go!" She wriggled underneath their grasp and finally sunk into the ground and started to cry. 

"He's going to be alright, Lily. You'll see." Albus was stroking her back and looking down to the pitch every couple of seconds to see what was going on. Hyperion and Scorpius were trying to fight their way down through the crowd to see if they could find out anything. Ara was standing there, tears running down her face. She felt as though she couldn't breathe. It was like someone had punched her right in the gut and then ripped her heart out. He had to be alright. He just had to. She had never had the chance to apologize, to make him understand how sorry she truly was for putting him through everything. 

Everyone watched as he was levitated off the field, and as soon as he was, Albus let go of Lily, and they both started making their way to the hospital wing where he was surely being taken. The game resumed, and Ara couldn't bear to watch anymore. She found her two brothers, and the three of them walked to the hospital wing as well. 

"Well, Mr. Potter, it seems that you have a concussion, a dislocated left shoulder, two broken ribs, a broken right arm, and lastly, a broken right ankle. I must say, though, I expected far worse, seeing as you fell from so far. I will have you fixed up in no time, but you will be staying with me for at least a week. I do not take this serious of an injury lightly, and I will have my way in the matter," Madam Pomfrey was pouring several different things into a cup and then handed it to James. He drank it when she urged him to after several moments of them just looking at one another, and he coughed loudly at the taste. It was disgusting.