Shopping

Hermione let herself be whipped into a hug, and she stood there silently until she knew Ginny thought she would be alright. This hug, unlike so many others, lasted longer than she thought it would. Did she really look that upset? 

"Come in." Ginny finally said as she let go. Draco and Hermione sat on the couch and Ginny in a chair across from them.

"What happened?"

Hermione just looked at Draco, and he started telling her about the man at the Three Broomsticks, and then all the other people that thought that he was just the worst person.

"We are going to have to deal with that forever, Ginny, we are never going to be able to go to town without someone looking at us," Hermione sighed, "How are we going to raise kids in a world where people can't accept change." 

Ginny and Draco were both taken aback by this statement, but Ginny soon recovered. 

"'Mione, you don't have to think about that yet; you still have time. People will come around. It is just because there are still fresh wounds, and now people have to comprehend that their children or grandchildren are being forced to get married. Give them time; everything will be alright." 

"Okay, Ginny." Hermione gave her friend a weak smile and then stood up.

"Wait, Harry wanted to talk to Draco, and I wanted to talk to you." Ginny smiled at Hermione, and she sat back down. "Harry is actually with Neville right now, at his place. I am sure if you go over there, it is alright." 

Draco knew that that was his cue to leave the girls alone, and he did. He walked over to Neville's, trying to decide what Harry had to ask him. He really couldn't think of anything. 

"Hermione, I wanted to ask you if you would be my maid of honor?" Ginny looked at her with sparkles in her eyes, a giant smile on her face. Hermione teared up. 

"Of course, Gin, I would love to." Hermione stood up and hugged her friend. She let the tears fall down her face. Ginny, of course, though they were because she was happy; Hermione was scared. She had to get married; this made it real, more real than it had been before. She was going to have to do this, or she was going to lose her magic. 

"Perfect, we are going next Friday as I said, and I thought you could even find something you like to. We could get all the shopping done at once unless, of course, you haven't thought about anything yet." Ginny said the last part like it was ridiculous. 

"I haven't." Hermione looked at her friend, who was now wearing a shocked expression. 

"What do you mean you haven't?" 

"Draco and I haven't even picked a date, let alone anything to do with the wedding." Hermione didn't want to think about that yet; she was still so focused on just getting to know the person she was going to marry. She did have to basically start over and try and forget everything that she had ever thought about him. She didn't want any animosity between the two of them. 

"Well, I can always help you when you're ready." Ginny smiled, and Hermione walked to the door. She walked back to her apartment and wondered why Harry would have had to talk to Draco.

"Hello, Malfoy." Neville opened the door after he had knocked. 

"Longbottom, Weasley said that Potter wanted to speak with me."

"Yes, actually, I do. I just asked Neville if he wanted to join me on Friday to go ring shopping for the girls."

"Ring shopping?" Draco was slightly confused. 

"Yes, The girls are all going to be with one another to go dress shopping for Ginny, and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for us to go get them rings. Blaise has already said that he is going to come. He told us that he would need help from the two of us to find something that she would like. Since you know, it is Luna."