The Weekend

The week went by slowly, and as much as the letters helped to keep Draco's mind at ease, he just wanted it to be 4 o'clock already. It had been a long week, and he was happy that he would be able to finally see his family again. He tried so hard to study throughout the week like he had promised Hermione, but it just seemed that he could not concentrate. Everything reminded him of his family. The books he read reminded him of Hermione; the thoughts then ran to his children and how one day they would be in this position learning all of this. Hopefully, by then, this law will not be in place, and they will get to have 7 years of education that isn't interrupted by war and hate. 

"Hey mate, want to go to supper with Luna and me tonight over at Neville's and Hannah's?" Blaise tried his best to keep Draco preoccupied during the week and make sure that he was actually doing his studies. Hermione would want him actually to pass his NEWTs. I mean, if she wasn't going to be taking them, Draco needed to do well for the both of them. 

"That is nice of you to offer Blaise, but I actually get to go back to the Manor for the weekend, and I am leaving as soon as this class ends."

The class then two boys were currently in was Potions, and in Draco's opinion, he didn't need to be in it at all. He had the highest mark in the class, and he almost always had with Snape as the Professor or not. He was good at potions, and he enjoyed it. But right now, he just wanted to see his wife and kids. 

"Well, maybe when you get back, we can study some. I might need some help with the History of Magic. I can't seem to stay awake long enough to take notes, to study." Blaise laughed at this thought. History of Magic had always been the most boring class, but Draco knew that he didn't need any help at all. Blaise was smart, really smart, actually. He just failed to show it to everyone. 

"Haven't you got to think about your upcoming wedding?" Draco decided not to point out this fact. He had been so busy with everything else he forgot all about the fact that his best friend had to get married too. 

"Well, about that. Luna and I had a ceremony with just Mother and her father. It was all very nice and small, obviously. After we planned the whole thing, she couldn't do it without her mother, and I was fine with just getting it over and done with. Plus, now mother thinks that we just got pregnant really quickly after that, to get the ministry off our backs. No need for her to have a heart attack." Blaise was rambling on some more about how well he and Luna were getting along but having a tough time with picking a name. 

"Have you thought about just letting her choose?" Draco finally butted in to get Blaise to stop talking. That normally was never the case. Blaise hardly ever rambled on about anything. 

"Yes, but I just don't think anything really goes with Zabini."

"Well, I am sure it will be fine," Draco was getting out of his seat as he watched the hand move and signal it was now 4, "Sorry mate, but I have to go," Draco practically was out of the room when Slughorn signaled for him to stop.

"And where do you think you are going, Mr. Malfoy?" 

"Sir, it is 4. Technically, class is over. And my wife has been having a go and taking care of triplets on her own all week. I do not think my absence is required any longer." Draco didn't care about school anymore. He had far more important things to worry about. 

"Draco, my boy, today, as you should have remembered, is double potions; I will let you leave at 6. When everyone else leaves. We have important things to do today, to learn today. Preparing for a big exam takes work." 

Draco looked at Blaise, who slowly nodded that, in fact, they did have double potions, and Draco took his seat angrily. He wasn't going to learn anything because he wasn't going to pay any attention. Those two hours were the longest of the week, and as soon as everyone was dismissed, he went straight to the Headmistress' office and helped himself to the floo powder by the fireplace.