A Graduation

"So, how do you think your NEWTs went?" James had his arm around Ara in the Great Hall. She hadn't stopped crying all day. It was their last night at Hogwarts, and she was already missing it. 

"They went great," She stopped crying and smiled at him. She told him all about how she thought she was going to get Os on all of them. 

"I didn't doubt it for a second," He smiled and kissed her sweetly. Albus and Lily sat across from them; both looked as if they had been crying as well. 

"We are going to miss you, James," Albus said quietly. 

"Al, you are going to see me all summer. We aren't dying." James joked. 

"Are you going to miss us, Al?" Hyperion and Scorp sat down next to Ara and smirked at the two across the table. 

"That depends," Lily smirked back. 

"On?" Scorpius asked.

"Oh, who are we kidding? We are going to miss you all," Lily smiled and watched as Mary, Lucus, the twins, and Hugo all took their seats nearby. They had spent the majority of this past year eating altogether. They traded tables almost every day, and they loved having dinner together. Declan soon came over and sat next to Mary. He fit into the group nicely, and he got along with everyone. 

Just as they had all promised before the term had started, Scorpius, James, Hugo, and Hyperion had taken care of everyone that messed with him. No one messed with him anymore, and he was so grateful for his friends. 

Lysander, Lorcan, and Molly were the last ones to get to dinner, and once everyone was there, they started talking about tomorrow and how excited all the 7th years were to take the boat back across the lake as they had done in their 1st year. 

"So what are the two of you going to do after you get married at the end of the summer?" Mary inquired. She knew that Ara wanted to work at her family company. She had no idea what James was going to do, though. 

"Well, we are going to take a year to travel to different places around the world. We have already started a list of everywhere we want to go," Ara shuffled around in her bag and brought out the list. 

"Italy, Germany, China, Japan, St. Thomas, Spain, Portugal, America, Jamacia." Hyperion read the list that his sister had brought out. 

"You are going to need more places than that if you want to be gone for a year," Lysander said. 

"Well, do you have any suggestions?" James looked around at everyone.

"Canada, in the winter. I have heard the skiing is amazing." Hugo said in between bites. 

"The Maldives, Africa for the safaris," Lorcan added. 

"Romania, you could spend some time with Uncle Charlie," Lily smiled. Ara scribbled everything down. 

"Don't forget to take pictures of everything for us," Scorpius said with a smile. 

"New Zealand and Australia," Mary said. 

"Wow, we should have asked you guys for ideas awhile ago," James joked. 

"With so many different styles, we were bound to have great ideas," Molly said shyly. 

"That is very true," Ara smiled. 

"What about when you get back?" Mary looked back at James. 

"Well, I'm not sure," James shrugged, and Ara laughed. They had talked about it, of course, but they didn't want to freak anyone else. They wanted to start a family, and James wanted to stay home with his children. He just didn't know how everyone was going to take that when the day came. 

*******************************************************************************************

"Well, everyone," McGonagall looked across the sea of students. Her eyes fell on James Potter. She remembered the first day she met him, and a thin smile came onto her face. She then looked to the three Malfoy children.  "This is the first graduation of students that were born out of the law. A law that paired your parents together to rebuild the magical community. I have to say that I am overjoyed that the law has since been dismissed, though I am happy to have gotten to know every one of you. I do not think that half of you would be here today if it hadn't been for that law, and I know that you all will do great things. So for that, I am grateful that we had it for a short time." McGonagall looked around again. Many of the students graduating were born out of the law. Many of their parents had found love with one another. Some had not, and she still wished there was a way she could fix that, but she was happy to have known their children. She was even happier to teach the next generation and witness their love for one another. 

"I am going to miss her," Ara sighed at Scorpius. 

"Me too," He smiled at his Head Mistress. She was amazing and talented and wicked with her wand. He loved that about her, and he would really miss going to her for advice. 

"I love you all so very much," McGonagall ended her speech. She could barely talk. This is one of the hardest classes to let go of, but they would conquer the world, and she couldn't wait. 

Ara ran to James, and he lifted her and kissed her sweetly. They were one step closer to getting married now. 

"Mrs. Malfoy and Mr. Potter," McGonagall had a smile on her face. Ara smiled at the older witch and waited for what she had to say, "I just want you to know that I am honored by your invitation, and I wouldn't miss your wedding for anything."

"Thank you so much, Ma'am," James let go of Ara and hugged McGonagall. She was surprised but returned the hug and then nodded at them both and walked away to talk to some other students. 

Ara watched Lila walk up to Scorpius, her eyes were filled with tears, and he smiled sweetly at her. They hadn't spoken since Halloween, and she was curious as to what her roommate would want to say to him. 

"Scorp?" Lila was trying not to cry. She felt a little better when he smiled at her. 

"Are you alright, Lila?"

"I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am," She tried to smile, but it wasn't coming that easy. 

"What do you mean?"

"I made up all of that stuff at Halloween. I was just so scared of being in a relationship. I have never been committed to someone or something for that long, and it was so scary. I just made it all up so that you wouldn't want to be together anymore. Then I went around and ruined it by getting with other guys. I miss you, though, and I am scared of losing you forever now." 

Scorpius didn't know what to say. He still really liked Lila. She was a good person; she just didn't show it off to others that often. He pulled her into a hug. "You won't lose me, Lila," 

"I..." She had no idea what to do now; she didn't think she would get this far. 

"You know what? I don't have a date for my sister's wedding. Would you like to come with me?"

She just nodded, the smile coming easier now. "I don't know how you could forgive me so easily, Scorp," 

"I like you, Lila. I wouldn't want to lose someone I care about because they made a couple of silly mistakes in the past. My mother forgave my father for far worse." Scorpius pulled her in for another hug, and she held onto him tightly. He was the one person she could be herself around, and she would be damned if she was going to lose him again over her own insecurities. 

Ara smiled at the sight and giggled when James pulled her into him. "Only one more train ride,"

"Our life awaits us, James. Are you ready to take on the world with me?"

"Yes," James kissed her head, and they walked outside. Right to a boat with Hyperion, Scorpius, and Lila. The five of them looked back at the castle. All had tears in their eyes, smiles on their faces, and wonderful memories in their hearts—what a wonderful 7 years.