intimidated | billy hargrove

it was nine in the morning, only a couple minutes left until class started for you. however, today you weren't going to your first two classes because you were going to show a new student around. you still didn't know their name or whether they were even a girl or a boy.

as you walked to the office, you were pulled aside into an empty room. you shrieked but did not feel scared in anyway.

"hey there beautiful," he muttered in your ear. he pressed his body against yours then proceeded to kiss your neck feverishly.

your body burned in every place his lips touched. you wanted to let yourself go and jump into his arms, but you couldn't. "billy," you muttered and pushed against his body but not with any force.

he still kissed every inch of your face and neck, but you had to stop it or you never would. "billy," you pushed again.

he groaned and kissed your lips before standing some couple steps away from you. he looked down at you, "what's wrong?"

"nothing! i just have to go to the office, remember? i told you," you informed him.

billy seemed to think about it then shrugged. you sighed. "alright, see you later." he said as he exited the door.

you disliked billy at school. at school, he had more of his "i don't care about anything or anyone" persona. it was infuriating to have him at your doorstep all the time outside of school, but then have him hiding you all across campus and being with others in public. yet, you cared so much about him regardless.

you adjusted your clothes and your hair, then walked through the door and to the administration office.

when you finally arrived, there were two people already waiting for you. your principal stepped in front of the other person, hiding him from your view.

"ah! i'm glad you could make it, y/n. this here is one of our finest students," he turned to tell the other person. finally, your principal stepped aside and let you see him.

to say he was beautiful was an understatement. his dark hair and fair skin made the blue in his eyes stand out. his eyes weren't just blue they were as blue as the sky, extremely pretty.

you realized you had been quiet for a moment, so you blushed and extended your hand, "hey! i'm y/n y/l/n."

"hello. nice to meet you," he said in an accent.

you couldn't help but find him even more attractive then. a british boy in indiana . . . definitely unheard of.

"i'm will herondale," he placed his hand in yours. his hand was cold compared to your warm one. the coldness of his hand spread to yours quickly which caused you to shiver.

"um, do you want to start?" you asked him. you could not tear your eyes away from his. there was something about him that you found incredibly fascinating.

he grinned and walked past you. he opened the door and waited for you to go through before falling after.

"so, you're british," you said as you walked through the halls.

"and you're american," he stated with a warm smile.

"do you actually call people love or mate all the time?" you looked up to him, on your right, waiting for him to answer. you would think of a billion questions just to hear his voice.

"definitely not," he responded with a shake of his head. his black and curly hair seemed to shine under the light of the halls as it shook along with his head.

you frowned. why was it upsetting that those two terms didn't hold true to british slang? you did not know. maybe you had hoped to hear him say them.

"i'm kidding, love."

you were about to reply but billy's voice stopped you. "i'm sorry, what?" he was walking quickly towards you and will.

will's face became stone. there was no trace of the smile he had only seconds ago. he straightened up and stared at billy who was directly in front of the two of you.

"billy! this is will herondale. he's a new student here," you told him. you hoped he wouldn't cause a scene. billy always caused scenes.

billy pulled you towards him and wrapped his arms around your waist. you yelped in surprise. he never showed that he and you were a thing in public, ever. he must've felt really intimidated by the british boy with beautiful sky blue eyes.

will looked at the hands around your waist then at billy. "well, i think i've seen enough for today. have a good day, mate." he then turned to you, "i'll see you soon, love."

as soon as will left, billy turned you around. his hands were still on your waist by the time you faced him. you could sense others looking at the two of you, but you didn't care.

"what are you doing?" you whispered to him.

"i want everyone to know about us, y/n. i'm done hiding. i want everyone," he turned to face will's back who was far enough to not hear, "to know that you're mine. all mine."

"hmmm.... interesting," you teased. you loved knowing that billy was jealous or scared in a sense of losing you.

"shut up," he groaned before pressing his lips to yours for everyone to see.