Controlling | Steve Harrington | Part Four

Part one AND three are on KatetheKat8 page! Please go check it out before reading this.

You stared at Nancy wide-eyed before running towards the screaming. There was a crowd of people surrounding two people in the middle who you knew were Steve and Billy. Your heart began to speed up. You knew Billy had no self control. He could really hurt Steve.

"Billy! Billy! Billy!" Some people chanted.

Others began a similar rhythm while scream out Steve's name.

"Shit. Harrington is getting his shit rocked," someone in front of you said. You couldn't see Billy or Steve, but you knew you had to stop them since no one else would. You pushed your way between all the people crowding around the boys.

"Billy!" You screamed once you saw him towering over Steve. He hit him without stopping. Steve was still conscious and was dodging most of his punches, but Billy was still in power.

He had yet another cigarette in his mouth.

"Teaches you to mess with my girl," he laughed as he hit Steve.

"Billy get off him!" You yelled again. You ran to him and tried to pull him off, but he elbowed you hard causing you to fall back. You tried to catch your breath.

"You, stay out of this." He said looking back quickly. You felt yourself crumbled into millions of little pieces under his glare. Your cheeks were heating up. Many people continued to stare. Nancy ran to you asking if you were okay. You were still on the ground too embarrassed to get up.

"I'm fine," you muttered. You continued to look at Billy who had a wild look in his eyes. He turned back to look at Steve with a smile.

You remember Steve telling you to fend for yourself, but it was difficult. It was not going to happen from one day to another and you knew that.

If it doesn't start now, when? You thought to yourself.

"No," you said weakly.

Billy's head snapped back to you, "What? What did you say?" He said while rising up.

You chest rose and fell quickly. You were terrified of Billy.

"I said no! I will not stay—"

In a swift move, he had gotten close to you and pressed you cheeks together, but in a way that it hurt. He pulled your face close to his, "You stay out of this," he said through his teeth.

"Don't. Touch. Her!" A familiar voice yelled. His scream echoed through the gym. Everyone quietly looked at Steve. His face was beat up, but he was still there, standing tall.

Billy laughed while still holding you, "You got something to say, Harrington?" he continued to laugh. He ran his tongue across his lips before smiling.

His smile disappeared once he saw Steve charging towards him. He got a clear punch of Billy causing him to let go of you. You immediately touched your cheeks where his hands had been.

"You pathetic," he punched Billy, "stupid," he punched him again, "asshole!" He punched again. You could see the fury in Steve's eyes.

Billy spit out blood from his mouth, the looked at you with a devilish smile. Finally, security came and pulled the boys apart. Everyone scurried from the scene except for you and Nancy.

They took both of them away and to the principal's office. Both you and Nancy followed them in.

They were in there for about an hour before being dismissed. Billy came out first followed by Steve and a security man.

"Let's go," Billy demanded without looking at you. He walked towards the entrance/exit of the school throwing his keys in the air. He stopped when he noticed you weren't following.

"Did you not hear me?" He growled looking straight at you.

"I-I'm not going anywhere with you," you told him. You crossed your arms and stared at yet another angered Billy.

He began to walk towards you until Steve stood in front of you.

"Harrington, I just kicked your ass. I suggest you move out of the way," he laughed.

"Unless you want to get expelled," the security guard told him, "you'll walk away," he finished.

Billy look at you as if contemplating whether he should get you to come for him or not before throwing his keys in the air one more time and turning around.

"I'll see you around," he said without looking back.

Once he was out of sight, Steve turned to look at both you and Nancy.

"Are you okay?" he asked. You were silent not knowing whether he was asking you or her.

"I-I have to...I have to study," Nancy said quickly before disappearing as well.

"Are you okay?" He asked again. You turned back and looked at the security guard. He looked flushed before leaving too.

Steve chuckled, "(Y/n), are you okay?"

You looked at Steve. His beautiful face was all bruised up and bloody. You reached slowly to caress the bruises and cuts on his face. He flinched slightly, but pressed his face into your hand with his eyes closed.

"T-this is m-my fault," you choked. You began to tear up causing him to open his eyes quickly.

"No. It's not your fault. I did this, okay?" He muttered.

"If I didn't go with you last night Billy wouldn't have done anything. Now he's going to want both your head and mine and a stick," you told him.

"I won't let him hurt you, (y/n)," he stated. He cupped your cheeks. You had just really met the boy, but you already felt like you've known him forever.

"Thank you, Harrington," you muttered looking at the floor.

"No need to thank me— hey what's your last name?" he asked. The both of you laughed out loud.

"I'm (y/l/n). (y/n) (y/l/n)," you informed him.

"Pretty name for a pretty girl," he chuckled.

"Pretty cheesy for a dude who smells like cheese," you said while laughing.

You were silent again for a while, but it wasn't an awkward silence. The both of you stood there while he still held your cheeks in his hands.

He stared at you before pressing his lips against yours. It was a slow, passionate, kiss. It was much different than any other kiss you've experienced before. You pulled away to catch your breath.

He smiled before stretching out his hand for you to take. You hesitated but then decided to hold his hand.

The both of you walked towards the entrance/exit.

"Do you really think I smell like cheese?" He asked just before you exited. Both your laughs echoed through the empty halls.