Let You Down | Mike Wheeler | Part Two

hello everyone! part one is on @KatetbeKat8 's story. Also, to those who were waiting for part two, i'm sooooo sorry. enjoy <3

You sat at the very edge of your bed, thinking. There was really no reason that could've caused Mike's sudden isolation from you. Obviously, he wouldn't completely ignore you, but he stopped being as affectionate or even talking to you as much as he used to. By now, the two of you would've been chatting it off for about hours on the phone. Now, the phone would be silent for hours. And if you weren't on the phone, he would invite you to hang out with everyone at his house. Yet, all you did now was sit in bed.

You contemplated calling him. It's what you did every night because he wouldn't dare do so. You sighed and threw yourself on the bed completely. You stared at the ceiling and smiled at the stars that you and Mike drew on one day. Your heart ached thinking of him.

You finally decided that it would be better to go talk to Max instead (because if you called, Billy would answer and he would not want to pass her the phone until he was done flirting). You still wondered how that was legal. I mean, you were in high school, just like him, but he was older by three years. Anyway, Max was a good friend and often helped make you feel better.

You tapped on her bedroom window again as quietly as possible. Her parents were out of town, but that's not why you were being so quiet.

"I thought I heard something! Glad i'm not going crazy," sliding up the window, was Billy. He had a grin on his face and no shirt covering his body. Being around Billy didn't necessarily make you uncomfortable, but it definitely made you feel a little weird.

You didn't try to hide the fact that you groaned. "Is Max home?" You asked while searching behind him. He was still leaning against the window, while you were standing outside.

"No, but is that really why you came?" He smirked. You scrunched your nose up and stuck your tongue out in the disgust. Which only caused Billy to chuckle.

"She's at that kid's house. The annoying ass senior's girlfriend's house." He was definitely talking about Steve. You sighed and shook your head.

"They're at Mike's right? My boyfriend's house?" You made sure to emphasize the boyfriend since Billy sure didn't seem to know. However, you began to doubt if calling Mike you boyfriend was even possible anymore.

"I'll take you there," Billy told you. You quickly shook your head.

"No way. I'll go there myself," you began to turn around and walk away from Max's house. However, when you quickly turned to see if Billy was following, he jumped through the window in a swift move.

"It's late out for you to walk there by yourself. I'll definitely take you," he grinned.

You crossed your arms, feeling annoyed. Billy always got his way and it was annoying. You still had your arms crossed as you sat in the front seat.

"You know, it doesn't look like Mike's your boyfriend. I could definitely treat you much better," he commented once he entered the driver's seat.

You scoffed, "Just shut up and drive," you muttered. If anyone else would've said anything like that, Billy would've stopped in his tracks and probably strangled them. However, he did what he always did when you talked back to him, he smirked.

You, on the other hand, pressed your head against the window as he drove. Billy was right, about Mike not looking like your boyfriend. You still don't know what you could've done to provoke such a distance between the two of you. Was it even you? For the other thing Billy said, you chose to ignore him. You always did. Billy was a handsome boy, but was not Mike. You loved Mike. You sighed asking yourself again if it was even you who had caused something. If it had been you, you would definitely know. You looked at Billy, then back outside the window. Then, quickly back at Billy and felt a sudden feeling that he probably had something to do with it.

"You did something, didn't you?" You asked accusingly. You shifted your body to look at Billy.

"What?" He asked not taking his eyes off the road. You were nearing Mike's house.

"You did something! You did something that caused Mike to act so distant," you told him. A smirk played on Billy's face.

Part three will be on @KateTheKat8 's story!!