Chapter 30: Mystery

Azure grunted with effort as he climbed the stairs. He was carrying Diancie and the Jewel Pokémon was not light. Ember was concerned, it looked like he was struggling.

"Want me to take over?" She asked gently.

Sweat poured down Azure's face and he strained with effort. "No... I'm right."

Ember had to laugh. Azure had been like this as long as she'd known him, stubborn as a Snorlax. Once his mind was made up, he wouldn't budge.

They struggled up the last flight of stairs and found themselves back in Mewtwo's tower. Azure groaned as he gently placed Diancie down. He collapsed into a sitting position and Ember laughed again.

"Kin, take a good look at your father. That's what happens when you don't listen to a girl. Always do as Evie tells you."

Evie laughed while Kin frowned.

"Very true Ember." A soft voice rang out. "Words of wisdom."

Turning towards the sound of the voice they spotted Mew and Mewtwo flying towards them.

Mewtwo landed and pulled Azure to his feet before shaking his paw.

"Azure, it's been too long."

"Agreed."

"How've you been?"

"Let's see... For the past sixteen years Ember and I have been encased in crystal, but now we're out so that's good. I hear you've met my son."

"Hey Mewtwo, how's it going?" Kin asked.

"You two are related? I'm not surprised, but what're you doing here?"

"Same as last time," answered Ember.

"We need to find the girl or someone who can replace her, at least temporarily," said Azure.

"Ah, I see. Well, since you disappeared last time we kept looking. We gave up finding the girl a long time ago, but we did find something that might help," said Mewtwo.

"What is it?" asked Evie.

Mew flew around the room and giggled happily. "As you know, this dungeon leads to the planet's core. This dungeon maintains the balance of our world, but it's not the only one. We discovered another dungeon. It exists on the other side of the world, directly opposite to this one. We believe that the two dungeons are linked somehow."

Azure's eyes lit up. "Thank you. Thank you so much. Now we have a lead. Mew, Mewtwo, can you two care for Diancie? We'll be back as soon as we can."

"No problem, it'll be fun!" Mew giggled.

Mewtwo nodded. "We'll take care of things here. Good luck to you."

With that, they turned briskly and began hurrying to the door.

Mewtwo sighed. "Azure! Aren't you forgetting something?"

Azure raised a confused eyebrow.

Mewtwo groaned. "The directions? Sail West from Tranquil Town and you'll find the dungeon. It is a volcanic island known as World's Fall."

Kin froze. "World's Fall?"

"You know it?" Asked Evie.

"It's where Stoutland found me..."

******

Soul groaned and hit her head with a book. "Bored. Bored. Boring. Bored."