Chapter 19: Treasure

"Hey! Where are you?"

'Hehe, you'll never find me.'

"Telepathy huh? Clever, but... Got you!"

"Ahh!"

"Ha, I win!"

"No fair! It's 'Hide and Seek', using your psychic powers is cheating!"

"Oh? You never told me that."

"Well now you know!"

"And now you know."

"Know what?"

"That I'll do whatever it takes to find you."

"Wow, how long did it take you to come up with that one?"

"What? I thought it was pretty good."

"It was SOOO cheesy!"

"Sometimes the truth is cheesy."

"Sure, whatever you say."

The warm rays of the gentle morning sun caressed Evie awake, she yawned loudly and looked around. Kin lay asleep next to her, Soul was snoring loudly on the other side of the clearing they had decided to sleep in. Evie shook her head to clear it, another memory, it was so happy. A line from the memory rang through Evie's mind, 'I'll do whatever it takes to find you'. She shivered and looked back the way they'd come, she could see the tall mountain peak they had travelled through the day before, it was peaceful and quiet. She might have been being paranoid, but Evie could swear that she felt Mewtwo, felt him slowly drawing closer, chasing them, trying to find her. It was time to get going.

"Kin." Evie whispered as she nudged her friend with her nose. He didn't move, just lay sleeping, she sighed but laughed a little despite herself. The way the sun fell on his blue fur... he looked peaceful, but even in his sleep he seemed strong and confident, damn he's hot.

What? Come on, really? Was she really falling for him? This was her best friend, sure she'd said romantic stuff in the past but that was all spur of the moment, she never thought anything of it, but now, town destroying, Pokémon murdering, psychic legend was chasing them across the continent and she looked at the Riolu, and just seeing him made her smile. She could feel Butterfrees in her stomach and the longer she stared the harder the Butterfrees' wings flapped.

"You're staring." A singsong voice whispered, a startled and very red Eevee turned to see a Snivy grinning at her cheekily.

"I-I, I was not."

"Oh yeah? That fierce blushing says otherwise." Teased Soul.

"I... I just, I-"

"Whoa, Evie relax. We're both girls, I'll keep your little secret."

Evie puzzled at this, did she really like Kin? She was a human, and she'd like to go back to being one someday, was it really okay for her to fall in love with him? "Um, okay. Thanks, I guess." Maybe if she just waited these feelings would go away, maybe they were like what happened with Trees. Maybe they were a mistake.

Soul's giggling brought Evie back to reality. "Alright then." Soul started, Evie got a sinking feeling. "I'll keep your secret, and I'll help you too."

Evie froze, this could not end well. "Soul, you really don't have to." Evie tried, but it was no use.

"Too late!" Soul said as she pushed Evie. The normal-type stumbled and fell on top of Kin, he awoke with a start and found himself staring into Evie's emerald eyes.

"Uh, good morning?" he said.

"Ah!" Evie screamed and scrambled off of him. "Sorry, I tripped."

Kin sat up very confused, Soul was whistling innocently and looking elsewhere. Evie was glaring daggers at the grass-type, wait a second, was Evie blushing? Damn she's cute. Kin caught himself staring and sighed inwardly, believing that she would never be his. She was human and though they hadn't talked about it, he was pretty sure she wanted to go home someday. Besides, what beauty could love such a beast as he? Though, Kin is young in love and he does not yet understand that a beauty so enraptured as her, would sooner love the beast, then condemn it.