Requested - Thorin Oakenshield x Short!Human reader

Hey!! Sorry it's taken so long to upload!!
It's a short cutesy one so I really hope you like it and remember to keep requesting❤

-----------------

'I didnt come all this way to argue with you Thorin' you sigh as you watch him pace around the fire. Beorn had sent you to follow the dwarves after they had made camp at his house. He said you needed to watch them and make sure they made the journey to the lonely mountain. You didnt ask questions
Beorn had been like a father to you since he'd found you in a bundle of blankets as a baby. He'd look after you, raised you and taught you a great many things. If he asked this of you, you knew there must be good reason.
'Then, I'll ask again. Why did you come?' Thorin growls, eyes narrowing on you. Youd never felt uncomfortable under someones gaze before but the look Thorin threw at you caused you to play with the material at your skirt and shift uncomfortably. You found the dwarf intriguing but right now, you could throttle him because of his stubbornness.
'Because I was sent to make sure that you stupid dwarves were not going to get yourselves killed. And had it not been for my warning, you would have been totally oblivious to the orc pack that was following just two miles behind you' you pause to take a breathe, anger rising to your cheeks at how uncomfortable he had made you feel.
'I-..' thorin begins but you cut him off.
'I'm not asking to be part of your pathetic company Thorin Oakenshield. You do not need to look after me. I am wholly separate to this company. All I ask is that you take the warnings I give you when I give them to you' you spit, taking a deep breath and glaring at the black haired dwarf infront of you. His state hardens and he looks as though hes about to start shouting. You dont give him chance to begin, instead rolling your eyes and lifting your dress off the ground before turning and marching through the camp. It hadnt been long since night fall. All of the other members of the company had only just sat down to eat, listening intently to the exchange between Thorin and yourself. They watched you make your way to the tree line, all as equally shocked as the other about the tone in which you had spoken to Thorin. They had never heard someone speak to him like that.
You side stepped the larger rocks and made your way further past the tree line. You found a large stump shortly thereafter and decided to take a break. You weren't scared of the dark and knew you could be back with Beorn by the morning if you made good time. You took a swig from your water and started up into the sky. The trees cast shadows into the darkness but you could still see the glimmering of the stars. You smiled fondly and looked for the constellations that Beorn had taught you about when you were younger.
'My company is not pathetic' a deep low voice says from behind you. You grit your teeth and roll your eyes for the millionth time tonight.
'That's the only thing that you listened to?' You question, turning your head to look at him over your shoulder. You watch as he takes a seat on one of the fallen trunks across from you.
'I heard all of it' he confirms and you look to the ground.
'What are you?' He asks and your head shoots up, staring at him in bewilderment. He chuckles softly.
'You are not a dwarf. I know that. And you certainly arent a skin changer like Beorn. But your height is that of a dwarf. And you live with the skin changer. So, what are you?' His explanation eases your expression and you smile nervously.
'A human' you whisper. Thorin states at you for a while and you cant quite read his expression.
'Then how..' he begins but you raise your eyebrow at him and he stops.
'My apologies. I did not mean to intrude' he says and bows his head. You laugh and shake your head.
'I dont know how I came to be with Beorn. Hes raised me like I was a daughter. But I dont know about my real parents. Beorn found me one day, tucked in blankets in a field. He took me in and that's how it has been for the past 20 years' you shrug, looking up to the stars again.
Silence falls and your eyes fall on Thorin again.
'Do you trust me a little more now that you know I'm not some weird cross breed?' You ask mockingly and he smiles gently.
'I do not trust anybody' he pauses to raise his brow at you.
'But now I know you are not a weird cross breed, I'm going to ask you to come back to camp and eat something. Bombur has prepared enough and you have had a long day of chasing orcs' he quips, a smile playing on the ends of his lips and you find yourself mirroring him.