Requested Prompt - Kili 1. When was the last time you slept?

Hi everyone! So, first requested prompt for this book!
Hope everyone likes this. Remember to comment and request😊❤

-----------------

You watched over the small child, a tired smile playing on your lips as the infant let out a deep sigh in her slumber. Your finger rocked the crib gently and you hummed along to one of the many nursery rhymes that you’d loved when you were a child. It had taken you just over two hours to get her to sleep. This had been the same for the past month since she had been born and you were becoming accustomed to not sleeping. She would wake up again in a couple of hours and you had to be there, by her side, or she would surely scream the house down.

‘She keeping you up again?’ Kili’s voice floated through the air and you turned quickly, signalling him to be quiet with a finger to your lips. He holds his hands up in surrender, and tip toes across the room to stand beside you. You return your gaze to your daughter, her brown curly hair fanning around her like a halo and you find yourself letting out a breathy laugh at the irony.

‘You should go and get some rest while you can. If she stirs, I’ll handle it’ Kili presses and you frown. You shake your head and look to him.

‘It’s fine. You’ve been at work and you need your rest. I’ve got this’ you try to convince him. He sighs and looks to your daughter.

‘I know you have Y/N. But when was the last time you slept?’ he asks and you find yourself having trouble remembering the last time you actually slept properly. You don’t need to look to know that Kilis face has turned up in victory.

‘You’ll stay with her? And wake me if she needs feeding? And sing her back to sleep?’ you rush, panic setting in at the idea of leaving her. You trusted Kili, completely. It was just that sometimes, only sometimes, he had absolutely no idea what he was doing. He rolls his eyes and pushes you lightly towards the door.

‘I know what I’m doing. Stop worrying and go to bed. Now’ he commands and you take one last look at your sleeping child before exiting the room and walking down the corridor to your bed.

You had fallen asleep as soon as your head had hit the pillows, before you had even had a chance to pull the covers around you. You woke, slowly and in your own time. The first time that had happened for a while. Stretching, you sit up slowly and lean against the headboard of the bed. After a few moments, instant panic sets in and you jump out of bed, rushing to the small bedroom on the opposite end of the hall. You freeze when you reach the door, hands pressed against either side of the door frame, feet just over the threshold. The sight before you makes your heart flutter.

Kili is sat in the wooden rocking chair by the window, back to you, rocking delicately back and forth, a bundle of blankets held to his chest. He hums ever so slightly and you strain to hear the same song you had been humming earlier that night. The sunrise is just appearing over the hill next to your house and illuminates just enough of both faces to see that they have their eyes closed.

‘You’re giving your mother terrible grief you are’ he whispers, readjusting his arm when the infant fidgets.

‘She’s tired and you do her no help’ he continues.

‘So from now on, I’ll make you a deal. You start sleeping properly, at decent times and allowing your mother to rest properly. And in return, I will consider letting you start courting before you are 50’ he mumbles and you stifle a laugh behind your palm. Kili hears and looks over his shoulder, smiling half heartedly before returning to stare pout of the window.

‘You managed then?’ you muse playfully and he smirks.

‘Easy peasy’ he replies before letting out a laugh. A laugh that was a little too loud and caused your little girl to wake up. Kili looks at you with a frown.

‘Now you’ve done it’ he quips, returning to his humming and rocking.