Thorin x Reader - prompt 7. 'im out. done. thats it. time for something new'

Hi guys. Another upload. Hope you like it😊❤

------------------

You felt heat rise to your face as Thorin spat out his last sentence.

‘Oh really? I’m holding you back am I? I’m making this more hassle than it needs to be?’ You growl, angry tears falling from your eyes but you don’t even notice. Thorin grits his teeth, nostrils flaring as he turns back to face you.

‘Yes Y/N, yes you are. It would have been better for everybody if you had just stayed at home’ his words are carefully articulated and you can tell that he worded them as such to hurt you. It works. Time freezes, a pounding begins in your head and your tears come to a halt. You stand, stuck to the spot, staring at him wide eyed and mouth agape. You can see the realisation on Thorin’s face, the understanding dawning on him that he overstepped the line.

‘Y/N..’ he goes to speak but you cut him off, your face turning to one of disgust. Nodding your head, you take a step back.

‘You’re right. I don’t belong here. I’m out. Done. That’s it. Time for something new’ you whisper, more to yourself than to Thorin, or any of the company who are littered around camping watching the pair of you. Everyone looks just as shocked as you after Thorin’s comment and you try to ignore the pitying stares that linger on you as you turn to walk away.

‘Y/N. Please. You know I didn’t…’ Thorin begins but you raise your hand to silence him.

‘Please don’t say you didn’t mean what you said. You are a king. Kings do not say things unless they mean them’ you manage to get out, feeling the lump in your throat forming. Taking a deep breath to calm yourself, you sling your bag over your shoulder and meet Thorins eyes again.

‘It has been a pleasure travelling you My Lord. And I wish you luck and prosperity in the rest of your journey.’ You manage to make your voice calm and formal, no niceties or gentle undertones. Just monotone and solemn. Thorin visibly gulps and you nod again, turning and walking towards the treeline.

Thorin tried to call your name but you continued moving forward. Once you had made it through the camp and into the forest, you let the tears fall again. You hoisted your bag further onto your shoulder and continued through the woods. You were alone now and couldn't afford to stop. You had to find safety. After what felt like an eternity of walking, you came across an old tree stump and decided to take a rest, going to take a seat. Your ears pricked at the sound of crunching leaves coming from behind you. Dropping your bag, you remove your bow from your shoulders and aim for the emptiness, listening carefully.
'Who goes there?' You shout, consciously aware of the tears still making their way down your cheeks. Two large callused hands come out of the Bush, held up in surrender. A dark blue tunic and black head of hair follow. You roll your eyes, lowering your bow and grabbing your bag from the ground. In silence, you turn and start walking again, well aware that Thorin was following at a safe distance behind you.
'Turn around dwarf. I have nothing to say to you' you spit, pushing violently at a branch hanging over your path.
'No, but I have alot to say to you' comes Thorins response. You make a disgusted sound but dont reply. Silence falls again and your pace slows down as you grow more tired.

'Y/N will you listen to me...please' Thorin begs when he hears nothing from you.
'You may speak. Whether I listen or not is entirely dependable on what you say' you quip, pausing momentarily to look ahead. You hear Thorin sigh.
'I did not mean what I said' he begins and clears his throat when he hears you begin to argue. You stop and remain quiet.
'Yes, I know I shouldn't say things that I do not mean. Yes, I know I over stepped a mark. And I cannot apologise enough. I was wrong. I know that. You mean alot to the company. And even more so to me' he speaks softly, voice barely audible at the last part but you hear him. You hear his words and your heart begins to beat more rapidly. You turn slowly to look at him.
'I'm sorry Y/N' Thorin says, sincerity in his tone and pleading in his eyes.
'You hurt me Thorin. Dont think for one moment that a mere apology is enough to take that away' you try to explain and he nods understandingly.
'I promise I will make this right' he swears and you give him a soft smile.
'You better. Or next time I will shoot instead of lowering my bow' you respond and you both share a smile.