"I-I already showered, s-so I'm just gonna leave," Yoongi whispered with a blush, scrambling to leave the bathroom before Jimin had the chance to tug him back in.

Jimin laughed softly, a blush on his own face as he closed the door. "Cute."

<3

The boys were now in the kitchen, eating their Lucky Charms. Mrs. Park had already left for work, so the house was quiet and empty.

"So," Yoongi began as he popped another rainbow marshmallow into his mouth. Even as a child, he always picked the rainbow ones out first before eating the rest of his cereal. "Where are we going today, Chim?"

Jimin hummed. "Well, I was thinking today's trip can be a surprise."

"A surprise?" Yoongi gasped quietly. "I love surprises!"

"I know, baby," Jimin said with a fond smile.

Eventually, the two had finished eating and were now driving to the surprise destination, Jimin behind the wheel and Yoongi next to him, looking out the window with a bright smile.

"Is it the parlor?" Yoongi asked. They went to the ice cream parlor so often that the staff recognized the both of them and greeted them with friendly smiles and gave them their usual flavors, vanilla for Yoongi and strawberry for Jimin.

"Nope."

"The grocery store?" Yoongi guessed, and Jimin shook his head.

Yoongi was curious. Where were they going?

<3

"I've been wanting to do this for a while, but I didn't ask Eomma and Haewon auntie about it until this week," Jimin said as they pulled up in front of a building.

"The pet store!" Yoongi's eyes instantly lit up. "We're getting a pet?"

Jimin smiled, "Yep."

Yoongi nearly leaped out of the car in his excitement and ran to the entrance of the store, clutching Jimin's hand in his.

They went inside and Yoongi immediately wrinkled his nose. "It smells bad."

"I know," Jimin laughed, wrinkling his own nose at the smell. Yoongi's hand was warm and soft in his, and Jimin never wanted to let go.

"So, Eomma and Haewon auntie agreed that we could get a pet together, but it can't shed and it has to be easy to take care of," Jimin said.

They passed a lot of glass tanks and Yoongi pointed to something in one of them. "Let's get a snake!"

A small, green snake was hiding on a small log inside its tank. "I like that one, he looks like a Gilbert."

Jimin shuddered. "Umm, maybe something cuter?"

"Gilbert is cute!" Yoongi huffed as they kept walking.

"He had beady eyes, Yoongs."

"They weren't beady, they were curious little eyes. I think he liked me!" Yoongi grinned, and Jimin thought he was too cute to argue with.

They passed the small hamsters and bunnies, Yoongi cooing at how cute they all were and Jimin cooing at how cute Yoongi was.

They kept walking. until the smaller gasped suddenly. "It's a bird!" It was big and had fluffy white feathers. It had a huge cage with feathers littering the floor and kept screeching loudly.

Taking the boy by the hand, Jimin led him to tanks full of animals that wouldn't shed, slither, shit all over the place, or make strange noises.

"Fish!" Yoongi giggled, going to the tanks and pressing his hands against the glass.

Jimin just followed Yoongi as he ran from tank to tank in awe.

"Look at this one!" the older said, tugging on Jimin's hand. It was a goldfish, but its head overlapped its eyes so that it could barely see. "It has a big brain!"

Jimin smiled as he nodded. "Must be a really smart goldfish."

They looked at all of the different fish for a while before Yoongi suddenly stopped. "Can we get this one?"

He was pointing to a small black goldfish, with eyes that protruded from its head, shiny scales and a long, flowy tail. One of its eyes looked bruised and it kept swimming into the glass of the tank. It probably had poor eyesight, assuming it wasn't already completely blind.

That one?" Jimin frowned. "Its eyes are a bit messed up, though. Are you sure?"

"That's okay, I still want him," Yoongi smiled. "I'm going to name him Romeo."

"Romeo?"

"Mhm, it fits him. A beautiful name for a beautiful fish," Yoongi said. "I like him already."

"Whatever you want, baby," Jimin smiled, tugging his hand. "Let's go get him a bowl, okay?"

Yoongi grinned. "Okay!"

<3

maybe not as long of a chapter as i'd originally planned but okkk.. question: favorite animal? i really love baby sloths, they're freaking cute. cats and dogs are fluffy and adorable. bunnies too. alsooo, i'm sorry i didn't use your suggestions for the fish's name :,((( i feel bad skdksksk

welllll i'm almost at 10k 👀 didn't see that coming.. anywayyy i really liked writing this chapter! thanks for reading <3