Chapter 11: Tell me its only a Dream

The rush of the hospital air filled my lungs, I looked around at the sickened faces of the kids and adults. The familiar beeping of the monitor filled my ears, I held my head as I laid on the ground of the hospital. Adam held me while I cried, more tears filled my vision as the nurse walked out touching Adam on his arm. My vision went in and out, my breaths cut short with each intake. Adam stood and picked me up carrying me to a hospital bed. I curled up on the bed and shook with every sob. Adam left the room to talk to the nurse, I listened intently.

"The girl is okay, but she's not waking up" whispered the nurse

I could hear the shuffling of feet as Adam leaned against the wall

"Im glad she's okay now, I just don't know what to do with Alice" said Adam

I leaned up on the bed, wiping my tears. My body ached as I stood up edging towards the door.

I opened the door and leaned out, Adam jumped out of his skin as I stepped out into the corridor. The nurse looked down at her clipboard, giggling. I leaned against the wall and crossed my arms.

"I wanna see her" I mumbled

Adam opened his mouth to protest but I raised my hand cutting him off. The nurse looked at us weirdly. I stepped off the wall and walked down the corridor motioning for them to follow and show the way. The nurse hurriedly ran after me and showed me the room where Ivy was being held. I sucked in a breath as Ivy's name appeared in my vision, her name printed on the nameplate next to the door. I reached for the door knob and turned it, the familiar scent of roses filled my nostrils as I walked into the room. Ivy laid on the hospital bed paled and innocent. The nurse bowed her head and closed the door leaving us alone in the flower scented room. I walked over to Ivy's bed looking down at her, she laid there motionless. I sat down in the chair next to her bed, her eyelids did not flutter has I placed my hand on her cheek.

A soft wind blew at us as I cupped her face in my hands.

"I'm so sorry Ivy, I should have been there for you.." tears fell from my face as I stroked her cheek.

I leaned down and placed my lips on hers, the familiar taste of cherry lipstick. We sat there kissing for what seemed like hours but only minutes. A cold hand reached up and pulled me down, I opened my eyes to see her wrapping her arms around my neck.

I straddled her hips kissing her more, her hands reached up into my hair pulling it lightly. I grabbed her hand and pulled back. Her hand trailed down my back sending a chill up my spine. A slight moan escaped my lips as her hand went under my shirt. I leaned back and looked at her. The blood to her face returned, a faint smirk danced on her lips. I bit my lip and smiled, she placed her hand on my hips holding me close.

"Glad to have you back" I whispered

She smiled leaning up kissing me again slightly, her warmth left my body as she laid back onto the bed. I jumped off of her, twirling my hair slightly trying to play it off.

"What am I doing?! Playing with my hair!?" I thought dropping my hand quickly

Ivy chuckled at my embarrassment, my face turned cherry red.

"S-stop laughing!" I muttered

She laughed her butt off holding her stomach. The nurse knocked then came in.

"Sorry to bother...!" the nurse dropped her clipboard as her eyes landed on Ivy.

"Doctor!" she screamed running out of the room frantically

Ivy sat up slowly swinging her legs over the bed, she went to stand up but...

"Ivy!" I raced forward catching the girl in my arms, she laughed at my concern.

I helped her back onto the bed slowly her breath on my neck sent chills down my body. I leaned her down onto the bed, fluffing up her pillow slightly. I leaned back but as I did she grabbed my hand and pulled me back down to the bed. My breath cut short as she kissed me roughly, her tongue licked my lip asking for entrance. I growled out in pleasure, her tongue slipped in exploring my mouth. I held back my voice as her hands trailed my body.

"Ivy" I whispered lowly

She looked up at me with desire filled eyes

"Why me?" I asked

Her eyes went wide at the question, I could feel her body tense up as she let go of me.

"What do you mean?" she replied

"Why did you pick me?" I whispered

She leaned up causing me to fall backwards, my breath cut short as my body hit the ground hard.

"Why do you ask that?! I've told you why... I've told you a thousand times." she said lowly

I clenched my fists and stood up grabbing my stuff and walking to the door.

"I'll let the crew come see you now" I growled

She leaned back onto the bed closing her eyes, I reached for the knob and turned it quickly.

"Bye." I said

But there was no reply, a door between our two bodies... why is it I want her so badly but a part of me thinks I don't deserve her...

I fell against the wall, tears fell from my face. The doctors and nurses rushed past me into Ivy's room.

I stood up and walked out the entrance of the hospital. The cool air of March filled my lungs.

"One more month of school... then I'm done with this place..." I whispered my words coming out in puffs of white.

Then I'll be away from everything...