All the demons stopped suddenly and began to organize to hunt him down. Some opened their wings and stood up to chase him. "The fun begins" laughed fiercely Crolwey. The first demon that approached was sent directly against one of the columns that broke into a thousand pieces. Anatema and Aziraphale ran to get to the throne and the angel stopped when he saw how his demon could really be. Despite everything, he kept seeing him. He saw his demon and he didn't even remember the last time he saw him like that. Now he felt his anger for all that they had done to him, for what he was and for what he could no longer be. He felt the desperation and the desire to fight. The former angel laughed ferociously when he threw another demon to the ground and turned and slipped into the first tunnel he saw dragging behind him the hellish horde that cried out for revenge. The floor was shaking and the fierce screams were rumbling around every corner. Suddenly only the witch remained and Aziraphale in the big hall were all too busy trying to kill Crolwey.

"Aziraphale! Move we have to take what we need and get back to the door!" she pulled it to the throne and they both turned around just to find the Beelzebub right in front of them. The angel appeared before the witch and tried to look as scary as possible." You two!Guard the throne of Beelzebub if that angel comes back, stop him!" For a second they both forgot what they were. "Yes... your... royalty," Aziraphale said, stumbling between the words. The demon tried to regain some of his dignity and went into the tunnel where everyone else had gone. Immediately they ventured on the throne, to take the fragment of the mirror they began to tear it to pieces, because with horror they discovered that it was almost merged with the rest. Aziraphale taken by frustration with an anger that said between us, just did not belong, took the throne and lift it over his head to throw it to the ground making it completely to shreds. The witch was stunned but little cared at that time, she began to search furiously between the pieces and eventually turned victorious holding in her hands the piece so longed for.

"What a fack?!" screamed Beelzebub upset "my throne! You... you... Catch them!" a group of demons emerged from the tunnel behind him and began to run towards them. Angel and witch looked each other in the eyes for a moment, turned around and ran like never before. The first opening they saw was their own, they jumped into it and kept running without even looking back. Suddenly Aziraphale grabbed the witch and pushed her into a side tunnel. "What the hell are you doing?"

"We can't run without knowing where we're going, we need a little miracle to find the way" said the angel who closed his eyes for a moment, trying to concentrate and expressed a miracle. Suddenly the road to follow seemed obvious to both of them and they began to run through the tunnel just in time because the demons noticed their presence. They growled and drooled like rabid dogs, cursing and insulting them in every possible way. They had ventured so ferociously into the entrance that for a moment they got stuck and gave the two of them time to flee. They crossed so many passages that they lost count of it, Anatema just wanted to return to her Newt and stop that stupid end of the world, and Aziraphale. Poor our sweet angel. He thought about Crowley, he didn't care about having taken the piece he just wanted to find his partner and get out of hell.

From the corridors next to them began to come other cries, horrible sounds of broken and crashing bones that made the walls tremble. The angel found them comforting, they meant Crowley was close.

They both felt it right away, fresh air. "Here we go! Here we go! We're at the door!" They came out at the entrance to the tunnel they came from. Suddenly they heard each other grasping and lifting, Crowley was taking them as fast as possible to the now clearly visible exit. The horde of demons was lying in the tunnel, trampling on each other, injuring each other, but none of them cared at all. They were almost there. They were just a few steps away from the door when they heard each other tug down and crashed on the floor. They crashed hard. They had all regained their appearance and this only made the situation worse. At the head of the demons Hastur yelled with anger his face twisted into an expression of pure joy, he had them in his hand. Even before Aziraphale and the witch could get back on their feet, Crolwey was already facing the crowd. He opened his big wings and struck with all the strength he had by slowing down the horde for a second, turned around and grabbed them once more but this time he threw them with all the force he had through the passage just when he was being dragged to the ground. They heard the sound of his glasses falling to the ground and breaking, screams and horrible noises invaded the air. They flew through the passage and crashed into the hard floor on the other side. Newt began to shoot relentlessly over the portal trying to create an opening for Crowley to escape, the demon managed to hover in the air and headed towards them but the demons were too many. He look at the face of his angel and he spoke the words. The portal began to close.

All three screamed his name in unison, the portal was too small for him to pass. Aziraphale closed her eyes, Anatema threw herself into the arms of her boyfriend and burst into tears. With one last sound the portal disappeared and the old, dusty tapestry appeared again.

Aziraphale didn't open his eyes, only one tear fell. At that moment he just wanted to disappear, the silence was interrupted only by the hiccups of Anatema that kept the fragment of glass so tight that it was cut. Suddenly the angel heard something wrap around his arm, frightened he jumped up. He felt nothing but joy. Around his arm the snake of the even of wrapped tightly. He was bleeding and battered, but he was there. Hissing crawled on the floor and turned back into the usual Crolwey only with a few more dents. "Don't look at me like that angel... I had to or I wouldn't have passed" I said with all the tranquility of the world and smiled at him. Aziraphale was carried away by the moment and hugged him hard leaving the demon even more upset, and detached embarrassed.