Hell - Part II

They entered the room with the rest of the demons and soon found themselves crammed and crushed against each other. The air was heavy because of all those demons piled up in the room. From where the three of them were, they could clearly see the throne, which at the time was empty and immediately did not pay attention to it. Around that point there was an empty space that allowed the passage between the throne and the entrance. Suddenly the demon Hastur made his way among his fellow men, pushing them and cursing them. He came out of the crowd right in front of the throne and yelled "Silence! Quiet! Make way for Beelzebub!" everyone moved like a single person and opened a passage in which the Duke of the Underworld walked and arrived at the throne and sat down. Behind him walked his court which included the commander of his legion, his guards and the new demon counselor. He sat down calmly and looked at the crowd. "It's been a hard day for us, I know it. Now we have to start working again, get stronger! We must prepare for the new Apocalypse and this time we will be ready. Everyone will be assigned..." It was at that moment that Anatema let the little amulet that was shaking in her hands hang, and her nightmare came true. It pointed straight at the throne, and it was at that moment that she saw it that a fragment of glass was embedded in the backrest and reflected the light dimly. She turned to his companions and pulled them by the sleeves, the two stopped looking at the room in search of some safe and looked at where the witch was pointing. Aziraphale opened his eyes and stared at the piece, his now demonic face reflected his thoughts with an expression of pure panic. How would they have taken the fragment?

Crowley read into the angel's eyes what he was thinking, and he was right. How could they move in a room full of demons? He had to calm down. He couldn't panic, not right now. It took a diversion, or rather, it took a miracle to catch him. Just like a snake or... An angel. An angel would have attracted enough attention. It would have worked. Yes, an angel would cause enough bustle to do what he had to and then he would have fun and then they didn't have much time they didn't know exactly how much the door would stay open.

Belzebub continued his speech, tried to give new strength to his army that now rejoiced at every sentence and moved in unison captured by the words of the demon that now went back and forth programming the new apocalypse and announcing a new member who would lead the armies. He moved to the side to advance next to him the small demon who was standing beahind. Aziraphale felt a grip on her stomach. Something about that demon wasn't right, he felt it inside him. That feeling he felt, as he looked at him, told him that he should fear that little demon more than anyone else. As he watched him, he was sure that the demon smiled at him, even if only for a moment, and it was a terrifying instant. The touch of his demon brought him back to the present.

Crowley got between the two of them and explained the plan out loud. He didn't give them time to stop him, even to prepare, fight back or simply breathe. Suddenly Aziraphale was watching a version of himself smiling at him kindly. Crowley stood up with a flutter of wings over the crowd of demons that suddenly exploded in a roar of anger, all cursed and ran aimlessly. The horde of demons broke, Beelzebub stood on his throne and began to scream like a young girl in panic. Hastur threw himself to the ground and crawled away into a hole behind him. It was total chaos. Crowley laughed and pretended to hit Beelzebub, who ended up on the ground and screamed even louder. The little demon instead screamed, "We're more than him! Let's get him! Take the angel!"

Risengard really thought Crolwey was a funny guy. He didn't see that coming. He looked around at those stupid demons who pushed themselves screaming, escaped in a thousand directions without even noticing the cheat. They had not felt the power of the miracle that the former angel had performed. He always liked that even when they were in paradise, and certainly had a talent for creating stars. But they weren't on the same side now. It was time to play. It was an open war. He got up in the crowd and took control.