Any Day I

(Cover image of @macromushroom - Instagram)

Let's pick up our story from where we stopped it. No, I'm not God, but I've been commissioned to tell you about the sequel while she's on vacation.

Then, the apocalypse was avoided, time in London began to flow lazily again without anyone noticing any change and months had passed, incredibly happy months.

On the particular day when we take up our story, the sun was shining, the nightingales were singing, and Queen's songs were resonating in the air, broadcast by the radio of an old car parked in a double row. A very familiar demon inside had a very worried air and stared at his phone, sliding his fingers back and forth on the screen. He seemed very shaken and full of anger, his frowning eyebrows drew two sharp arches over his eyes strictly hidden under his sunglasses.

With a click he started the call listening a few rings and in a few moments he hung up "O Hel... " Crowley stopped and looked up at the sky, "No! I won't call first, it won't happen!"; The car moaned and made desperate sounds... old Bentley..In fact, the new Bentley knew that when her owner was angry, it was never wise to be around. With a kick the demon opened the door and came down holding a bottle of wine under his arm and walked towards the entrance of his apartment with large pitches. He walked into the lobby, ignored the neighbor, and entered the elevator.

Meanwhile in Soho, in a very old bookshop, a man named Aziraphale walked back and forth with a slow and painful pace, clenched his waistcoat downwards and insisted on fixing the already perfect sleeves "I shouldn't have said so. How could I have been so stupid?! Maybe I should call him to apologize" he turned around and decidedly grabbed the old phone's handset, began to dial the number but as he proceeded he lost strength in turning the keys... In the head of the poor angel resounded the words of the friend said exactly at 10 and 35... Or maybe he's an ex-partner now.

"You should shut this place down and stop being so pathetic! A bookseller... An angel who reduces himself to seeing books for humans! Pathetic!" Their quarrel started out of nowhere, so without any real reason and ended up in the same way, with nothingness and with things that among friends you should never say... Or maybe it didn't start like that, because for our demon at the same time, and the quarrel with the same person was taking place elsewhere and with another topic.

For Crowley, however, it started at exactly 10:35 a. m. and with an ice-cream, as usual in the park. It was a real disaster. In 6000 years they had never quarreled and now it had happened and it was unpredictable. Angelo the squadron from top to bottom "Maybe I should stop wasting time with someone like you, and what are those? Glasses! Always with these glasses, you're pathetic. And boring. I should really find myself someone better" Never were words as ferocious for Crowley as those that were said afterwards, a fine fine morning with an upset ice cream maker and a park half on fire. Our dear friends should perhaps notice that in reality it was days that were not seen and these quarrels had occurred at the same time and in two very different places, which even for such extraordinary creatures can be a bit difficult to understand.

And always to note is also that now, those who came out of the gate of the park was not Aziraphale, but a very satisfied angel called Ezekiel, and from the book store came a demon, just as happy with his misdeed called Murgul.

Maybe if our friends hadn't been caught up in the heat of the moment they would have noticed that something was wrong in the whole city. Nothing was actually what it was supposed to be. People who had known each other for a long time, now fought furiously on street corners, inseparable friends took different paths and inseparable families were on the verge of divorce. But you know how these relationships go, they show you everything pink and out.

At the same time, in an old basement in London, there was an unusual way of going of demons who had opened a passage between the world of humans and that one floor down, and by pure chance, or maybe not, were coming down in that basement an angel and a demon with very obscure intentions and very satisfied air.