Exit

As they ran, his breath grew heavier with each step, the demon struggling to maintain control over his aura. That damned paradise had a strange effect on him. First, as long as his powers were inactive it almost seemed as if he didn't have them, they were completely dormant, then when he had to pull them out for a moment he had feared he had lost them, no black trace, and then there they were. A river in flood, no, that was not enough to express what he had felt, he had felt them erupt and explode and now he was struggling to contain them. Crolwey had no choice but to do it, indeed he had to succeed. If he let go too much Newt's body would explode like a balloon, for a moment both he and the human had the same vision. His head would explode, pop off like the cork of a fine wine and redistribute itself over the non-surfaces of heaven in the form of confetti. Only it would not be such a merry party.Behind them the utter ruckus began to break out, unlike the underworld however, paradise was organised, and in a terrifyingly efficient manner. Teams were immediately organised to hunt down the intruders and the highest ranks were summoned to lead the hunt. At the head of the long orderly lines that were being created, looking more amused than he should have been, was he. The owner of the goldfish, Amenadiel, and he was very very angry. In centuries no one had dared to hit him, rob him and use him as a mat at the same time, in fact no one had ever dared do anything to offend him. Yes he did, he thought, as another soldier joined the queue, he was angry about that there was no question, but he also felt a sense of amusement that tickled his insides.The angel roused himself from his thoughts quickly and as soon as silence fell, the hunt began.Aziraphale sensed the shot coming just in time to start zipping around like a rabbit in a meadow, things were getting a little too dangerous to keep running. His wings emerged in an instant and he took flight. For a moment he looked behind him. Behind them a mini-army was flying swiftly towards where they were and it served to give them the right shock. He lunged at Newt and grabbed him on the fly. When his hands firmly gripped boy, bowl and fish, everything was expected except what happened. The dismayed scream of a thirteen-year-old girl that invaded the air was so loud that for a moment his ears were ringing. The body he held in his arms twisted like a salsa dancer and tried several times to escape his grasp, all of which stopped only at his desperate "It's me!", but the damage was already done, the fish and all the rest were already on their way to crashing to the ground. For a moment they looked into each other's eyes, in Aziraphale's there was utter disapproval while in Newt's there was fear of the human and Crowley's struggle not to blow them both up like fireworks. Why did everything keep going wrong with them? That was the question all three of them asked themselves in unison.The first arrow grazed dangerously against Aziraphale's wing while the second severed part of his immaculate jacket, the angel thought of the options they had and they were very few, in fact it was only one. One of them would act as a decoy and the other would pick up the piece. He didn't say what his plan was, he just hoped Crolwy would understand. So it was that he opened his arms and dropped everything they held securely. For a moment he read the dismay in Crowley's eyes, yes his own. The wounded puppy-dog eyes came into view and showed all the sadness for the betrayal he had suffered. As he began to fall Crolwey was in control and had also decided that if he was to smash on the immaculate floor of heaven his angel would have to feel guilty. Totally and inexorably guilty, and so as long as he could he held that look. And then he closed his eyes and hoped that the fall would be swift. And indeed it was. He fell exactly where he was supposed to fall, into the arms of Amenadiel, who incinerated him with her gaze as the bowl he was holding fell back to the ground 'miraculously' bouncing without breaking away from them."0... Then this is how I will die, parachuted into the hands of the enemy" This was what the demon thought, would he really die like this? Electrocuted together with Newt? He closed his eyes and waited for the blow, apologising to the human for breaking his promise to bring him home.

Instead, he was shaken like a Christmas present on the morning of 25 December, mercilessly and anxiously. "Hurry up you idiot, retrieve the fish and the piece, I don't have all day to throw you out of paradise" those words were pure gold. A godsend if he could call it that. Cautiously and fearfully he put one foot on the ground and without asking many questions ran to pick it up and clutched it to his chest. Crowley was shocked, his demon nerves no longer holding, "Why? You should incinerate us and take back what's yours. What are you playing at pigeon?" the nickname made the angel grunt as he rolled his eyes, "Look cheap demon, it's none of your business, just know that not everyone wants the world to end" he said it simply in the same bored tone as someone reading the ingredients of a cake. All around them rained spears and arrows as Azirpahle tried not to get strained over their heads, "Darling! A little help?" he was shouting at that very moment. "So this is a set-up? Are you one of those all peace and love people?...are you a friend of...? You know what I don't care, if you really want the world not to end get us out of here!" the hysterical woman in him couldn't stand anything or stand behind anything anymore, people were strange, angels were strange, these were his conclusions.

Azirpahle meanwhile had asked for help that he knew he could not receive and had been surrounded, he only hoped that his comrades could hold out long enough to get to them. He was distracted for a moment and it was fatal, the blow he received caused him to lose altitude and the next one almost made him faint, he felt his vision blur dangerously, but he also felt a tug that carried him upwards. When he reopened his eyes he was flying and was being dragged along by someone who smiled at him in amusement. "Surprise!" he shouted as they were being chased away by angels armed to the teeth, "I thought you could use a little help," Marin giggled. "What are you doing you've already got yourself into trouble by bringing my body back!" said Azirpahle as he resumed flying with more vigour, which allowed him to increase his speed and distance with the angelic army. It was a lightning bolt the thought of leaving Crowley had hit him full in the chest, he stopped and made to turn around but Marin stood in front of him preventing him from moving "I have to go back! Crowley's down there! My dear you don't understand, if you do this you will fall!" he said desperately and hoped she would listen "No, Crowley is safe and I will not fall, we have a plan to help you but you must follow me! Now!" He was completely distraught, we who? Was he falling into a trap? What was going on? He darted off again and towards their unknown half as little Marin told him how a small group of angels similar to him, or rather them, had been born who wanted to live on earth and keep the world at peace, and that to do this they needed Crowley and him to stop whatever was happening. The two were not the only ones who noticed something wrong in London. They stopped suddenly in front of the familiar door; it was the room where the meeting with Gabriel had taken place. Lo and behold, he had fallen into a trap, he did not have time to finish this thought that Marin opened the door to let him through but they were both swept away by a ball of arms, legs and wings. They all ended up catapulted onto the cold floor, bruised but alive. Aziraphale got to his feet and looked around, what he saw he did not like at all. Not far away Amenadiel was standing over Crolwey and giggling with amusement, he did not like that closeness at all. The laughter soon stopped, Newt-Crowley's eyes rolled back, his body was invaded by convulsions, Marin cried out startled by the gruesome scene. In an instant Azirpahle was beside the body that had slumped to the ground like an empty bag 'What's going on? Crowley can you hear me? Newt?" one word after another the panic grew.It was Amenadiel who replied "It's demon possession mixed with heaven, being here there is killing it's bad enough they survived when your demon used his powers to knock me to the ground and escape. We need to get you out of here now."There was a terrible moment of silence that left little hope, then the little one spoke." The crater from which you threw Gabriel out of heaven can be used as an escape route" was how they all found themselves running down the corridor just as the door that had already been magically fixed crashed back to the ground. They arrived at the crater and all stopped at the edge. "Jump, come on, and I'll take these" Amenadiel placed the lifeless body and the bowl in Aziraphale's arms, smiled at him "we're counting on you for the rest" and pushed him. Just as the hands of the guards pounced on their new friends and he fell into the void.