055 | What A Dick

- M A N O B A N -f i r s tp e r s o n

- M A N O B A N -
f i r s t
p e r s o n .

I managed to tell Jungkook everything. I told him all about Lean unnie, and why I didn't want to see her yet. He didn't know, though. It wasn't his fault.

However, I still couldn't take unnie off of my mind. We both were shocked to death when we caught a glimpse of each other. What she immediately told me was she was sorry.

But I, as Pranpriya the coward, ran away from her.

Here I am, in the living room along with the rest of my unnies. Today has been a pretty extreme day for us, to be honest. I told them about what happened to me today, and of course they were kind enough to console me.

Jisoo unnie told us about how Namjoon oppa came to confess to her, and now she's confused as fuck.

Jennie unnie told us on how she practically cursed at Taehyung oppa just to bring her precious baby back to her.

And Chaeng . . .

"What a dick." Jennie unnie scoffed.

Chaeyoung immediately glanced at us, her eyebrows furrowing. "Excuse me? What did you just call him?" Chaeng began to grit her teeth.

"She's actually right," Jisoo unnie agreed. "Jimin was pretty much a dick right there. How can he just cheat and leave you like that? He's so unfair."

Chaeyoung began to gawk, and I grew suspicious of her. Was there something we didn't know about what happened between the two of them? She wasn't all mad at Jimin oppa, why is that? She didn't even rant about how he cheated on her again.

Or did he really cheat on her?

Growing used to our jail for an entertainment, I've gotten the idea that the bitch, Dispatch, probably has something to do with this.

"Can I kick him?" Jennie unnie chuckled.

"YEAH!" Jisoo unnie laughed, and they high-fived.

I didn't talk, and simply observed Chaeyoung. She was fuming. "Okay, that's it!" She suddenly stood up. "Jimin isn't being a dick! We've settled this, and it's not like we have a c-choice . . ." her voice cracked. "I'm the stubborn one here. We both still love each other, I know that. I-It's just that . . ."

"Wait, what are you talking about?" I finally spoke up. "You're the one who told us that he cheated on you again, that's why you two broke up. Where is all this coming from?" I asked.

We were enveloped with nothing but silence. Chaeyoung seemed to panic. Bingo. So you were hiding something from us.

"What do you mean by you don't have a choice?" I continued to interrogate, cornering her.

Chaeyoung gulped, looking at each and every one of us under frustration. "I-I . . ." she bit her bottom lip.

However, all of the sudden, she broke down in front of us.

"We never wanted this to happen . . ." she sobbed. "We were forced to do this. No one in the industry would accept us, and we'd only get backlash if ever our relationship was revealed . . . both of our groups would be downgraded."

We were silenced, and simply listened to Chaeng.

"He's not being a dick, okay? He's not trying to hurt me on purpose. I know he's hurting, too. Just b-because I'm the one who's openly showing of how I'm hurting, doesn't mean I'm the only one in pain. This isn't easy for the both of us," she ranted.

Jennie and Jisoo unnie were taken aback, and I saw how guilty their faces were.

>><<

It's 1:14AM.

Jungkook and I are here in the balcony of his dorm. He actually begged me to spend the night with him for now - just before we both part ways and become hella busy once again.

When I say busy, I mean busy.

We travel quite often, so our timezones don't always match. We text each other, yes. However, we rarely catch each other on the same time.

I wish we had a normal relationship - where we can openly spend time with each other, where we can hold hands in public and just be ourselves. Where we didn't have to hide everything.

"And what did Chaey do after that?" Jungkook asked.

"She barged in her room, and I followed her," I said, sipping on my chocolate milk from a straw. "She began to rant about everything, though. I never actually seen her so furious."

Jungkook nodded, acknowledging what I just said. I noticed how he wasn't actually listening that much, so I tilted my head, staring at him.

"Is there a problem, love?" I asked him.

He glanced at me, a small smile escaping from his lips. He clutched onto his chest, closing his eyes. "You really are something."

I chuckled, shrugging. I playfully flipped my hair and smiled at him. He scooted besides me, snaking his arms around my waist. I began to wrap my arms around his neck.

He grabbed his phone from his pocket, and began tapping. Once he was done, music started playing, and he tucked his phone back.

"Stay, huh?" I giggled.

Jungkook shrugged, "Figured that it's close to becoming our themesong, doll."

I sighed in content, resting my head onto his chest. "Guess it is," I mumbled.

A slow dance - that's what we did. We were both in sync to the music. I felt how Jungkook kissed my head, and rest his chin onto it afterwards. I wish we could just stay like this.

"Before the dark night traps me in, don't leave me. Do you still love me?" Jungkook sang.

"If you feel the same, don't leave today. Don't ask why it has to be you. Just stay with me," we sang together. "It goes a little something like - I don't expect a lot right now. Just stay with me."

"Love?" I called him.

He mumbled as a response.

"Can you tell me why you seem like you're preoccupied?" I asked him.

I pulled away a bit, tilting my head upwards. He gave me a reassuring smile and kissed my forehead. "We'll be busy again. I'll miss you."

"Me too, dumbo." I giggled.

"And . . . I'm sorry about Lean noona--"

"Hey," I cut him off. "You didn't mean to, okay? I'll settle things with her when I'm ready. For now, don't think about it. Pretend that I didn't tell you anything about her so you wouldn't feel awkward. I'm sorry if my life's so complicated, love."

"I'm into thrills, anyway," Jungkook shrugged. I laughed at his cute remark. "I love you, Lisa."

"I love you too, Jeon Jungkook."

Revised
Word Count : 1099 words