022 | We're Sisters

- M A N O B A N -

- M A N O B A N -

t h i r d
p e r s o n .

"Dad? Where are you going?" Little Lali asked, her doe eyes innocently looking at her dad.

She had no idea about what was happening, but one thing she was sure of--she didn't want him to leave. Her mom kept on crying at the corner, which made Little Lali cry as well. She hated to see her parents like that.

"Why is mommy crying?" she asked, and this time, her dad finally looked at her.

Her dad brought his things down, placing them on the couch. He walked towards the innocent child, kneeling down in front of her. He grabbed both of her shoulders, a tiny smile wavering at the edge of his lips.

"Daddy's going to work," he told the child.

Her mom kept on crying, her hand on her mouth as she glared at her spouse. Little Lali noticed how her mom having several bruises, and how her lower lip was already bleeding.

Her tears flowed this time. "W-when will you return? How long are you going to work? Are you leaving us?"

Even if the man abused his spouse, and was not exactly the best husband. He still had a soft spot for his daughter, and he never failed to become a father.

"I'll return, don't worry. I will take you with me."

"No!" Her mom suddenly burst, standing up. "I'll never let you take her away from me. You hear me? Never!"

Little Lali started crying after hearing her mother shout, she gets emotional whenever her parents are like that.

She hates it when people are shouting like that, she hates it when she's being shouted out.

She gets scared.

Her dad covered her ears, remembering that his daughter hates shouting. He glared at his spouse. "Shut it. The kid's getting scared," he tried to keep his voice as low as possible, just to calm Little Lali down.

Her mother tried to calm herself down, still crying. She quickly ran towards Lisa, grabbing her away from her dad. "Leave," she sternly told her husband, praying that he would just go away.

He stood up, looking at Little Lali, a small smile forming at the edge of his lips. He patted her head, ruffling her head a bit. "I'll be going now, wait for me, okay?"