Chapter 12-Lucy

Danny

I think back to the first large show I'd ever done...

The crowd was the biggest I'd seen, several hundred people. I was scared out of my mind.

I almost chickened out and left, but Mark and Glen made me stay.

"Just, find one person in the crowd and concentrate on them." Mark said. "Sing to them for a song. Then switch it up and sing to another."

So of course that's what I did. I found a lovely looking girl in the front crowd and sang to her my opening song. I had to pretend that she was Bryna, but still it worked.

Every concert since I have been doing this, at least when I get nervous. I've done this so much that when I walk out on stage the first thing I always do is search the crowd for her.

That won't change tonight.

The boys and I are rehearsing a bit this afternoon, making sure our voices sound okay, when a knock comes on the door and in pops our manager, Lucy.

"Up and at 'em Script boys! We've got a show to play tonight."

She struts through the door in her tight little pencil skirt and blazer, the sleeves rolled up almost to her elbows.

She has the top few buttons of her blazer unbuttoned revealing the unbuttoned top of her blouse, allowing her skin to show a bit.

"Eyes up Daniel." she says her heels clanking on the wooden floor.

I stutter to find an excuse for starting at her boobs, but I can't find one.

I do fancy Lucy a bit, every man does. She's gorgeous. I wouldn't ever go after her though. I still love Bryna and plus, Glen fancies her even more than I.

He shoots me a glare.

"Sorry." I mouth.

"Nice hotel room I've got you boys don't you think?"

"Very." I say.

"Then why'd you trash it?" she asks, clearly irritated.

I look around. There are bits of garbage and half eaten sandwiches everywhere and our clothes lay haphazardly around the room.

Our music equipment is scattered around and there is a mountain of Klipso bar wrappers on the coffee table.

The kitchen sink is full of dirty dishes and there is a bunch of sticky stuff on the counter.

"Gosh, boys you've been here for not even two days."

"Sorry Luc." Glen says immediately starting to clean up the mess.

I help him.

"We've got to get out of here as soon as possible and you all aren't even dressed."

I look at us. We've been lounging around all day in our pajamas.

"So you're saying I can pick out my outfit for the show?" I ask surprised.

"Possibly,"

I sigh, "Then what's the point in getting ready?" I ask. "We all know that when you say that it means no."

"Have it your way then." she says, tugging at my beanie.

"Hey!" I shout grabbing ahold of it, trying desperately to keep it on. "That's mine."

"Not for long." she tears it off my head and moans when she sees how messy my hair is. I haven't combed it in a while.

"Gosh, Daniel." she scolds, pulling a comb out of her pocket, "Fix that mess. I don't want your hairdresser to have to deal with that."