Chapter 1: Present Day

Chelsea's pov

I smiled as I remembered how Harry and I first met on that day 1 1/2 years ago. He was so upfront with asking me out, I didn't say yes right away to him. I waited a couple days before I finally told him yes. Sure, he asked me out numerous times since we met, but I wanted to wait a couple days just to see him go crazy as he waited for me to finally say 'yes'. After our first date, he walked me to my door and kissed me on the lips good night. I smiled as he bid me good night and left. I stood there on the deck watching him as he pulled out of the driveway and down the road out of sight. I smiled and went inside. The next morning, I woke up to my phone going off with a text. I picked it up, unlocked it, and I smiled as it was a text from Harry. It read,

"Good morning, beautiful. How was your night? I had so much fun last night. We should do it again sometime, but the next time, where you're officially mine. Will you be my girlfriend? -H xx"

I smiled really big as I texted him,

"That was cute ;) lyrics from 'Good Morning Beautiful'...kinda cheesy, but I liked it. :) As for the bf/gf thing, yes, I would love to be your girlfriend. :)"

That was the start of, by far, the best relationship I've ever found myself in.

I was washing dishes when I look up out of the window to find my lovely boyfriend walking up to the door. I smiled, dried my hands, and fast-walked to the door to greet Harry. As soon as he walked in, he saw me, smiled, and said,

"Hey baby girl." He pulled me into a tight hug and I hugged back tighter.

"I missed you." I said.

"I was only a few minutes away at the studio..."

"I know, but I still missed you."

He chuckled before he said,

"That's one of the reasons why I love you, baby."

We then shared a slow and passionate kiss as I leaped into his arms. I was hesitant to let go because I knew that Harry was going on tour in a couple days and I wanted to make the most out of the time I had with him until he leaves.

"Have any thoughts on what's for dinner?" he asked me.

I grimaced and said,

"I was planning on pork chops, but I completely forgot to take them out of the freezer downstairs..."

"Don't sweat it, babe. I got dinner covered." he cut me off.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him confused.

Harry held up one finger and said,

"Wait right here. Be right back."

He then walked back out to his car and within 2 minutes, he was back in the door.

"What the heck did you bring for dinner, babe?" I asked as he set the plain paper bag with our dinner on the table.

"This was dropped off at the studio. It came from your mom and dad. It's that time of year again..." he trailed off as he waited for my answer. I got to thinking about what time of year it was. I knew it was fall, and I was trying to think on what goes on every year in the fall that is for dinner. It couldn't have been ox burgers because Harry and I already had those a few weeks ago. Then, it dawned on me. Endless Shrimp at Red Lobster (r) restaurants across the nation! My jaw dropped in realization. Harry chuckled before I said,

"Endless Shrimp?!?!"

"Bingo." he said as be brought out of the bag a couple styrofoam boxes, along with a couple bread bags and some more styrofoam boxes.

"It said here in this little card that came with it all, 'all of your favorites. The manager questioned us getting them, but not eating, but we explained how you two were wherever in the world and didn't have enough time to sit and enjoy Endless Shrimp at any Red Lobster (r) anywhere. We thought that if there was one in LA, then you wouldn't have to worry about the hassle of the line waiting for a table. :) love you both! Love, Mom & Dad (Darlene & Jeff)'."

"Awwwww, how sweet. I kinda guessed why the manager would question them."

"Yeah."

We then lifted each lid up to see what was what. There was 2 boxes with shrimp pasta (yum!), one for me and one for Harry, a box of hand-breaded shrimp, a box with 2 dishes of shrimp scampi, and a box of Parmesan-crusted shrimp.

"My stomach's growling. It's been growling all day." Harry said.

"Didn't you eat lunch?"

"I did, but it was just a snack bag from the vending machine. I got all this before lunch and I kinda peeked in the bag to see what was in there and I saw the logo and I thought I better eat light for lunch to save room for this."

I just laughed as I proceeded to heat up the boxes of stuff in the microwave. Harry then grabbed the biscuits out of one of the bread bags and put them on a plate so they could be heated properly.

*skip heating everything up*

Once everything was heated, we took everything to the coffee table so we could eat and watch TV. Before we started eating, I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV while Harry grabbed us a couple sodas. He handed one to me and I thanked him as we opened them up and took a sip. The channel the TV was set to was boring so I changed it to a news channel. We started eating and feeding each other bites of our food.

*10 minutes later*

We were still eating when suddenly, a top story came on the news that caught our attention.

"Once again, the LA arsonist bandit has struck again. The Fire Department of Los Angeles responded to yet another house fire not too far from the business district of LA. Police found the calling card of the arsonist, which was another dead body found in the basement, where it is to be believed the fire was started. No one was home at the time and the fire remains under investigation." the female news anchor said.

Both Harry and I shook our heads at the news.

"Why?" I said.

"No one knows, babe. Pretty stupid way to cover their tracks, I think."

"I wonder if whoever this person is is trying to send a message to somebody."

Harry just shrugged his shoulders and took another bite of shrimp scampi.

"You never know. Now it's got me kinda leery about going on tour now and you being here by yourself."

"Harry, I'll be fine. Why would he choose this place to hide a body?"

"I don't know. I guess I'm just scared for you."

"If it makes you feel better, I'll Skype you every night before I go to bed, okay?"

"You'll text me during the day so I know you're okay, too? And when you wake up every day?"

I giggled and said,

"Of course, baby. Whatever it takes."

"Promise?"

"I promise. I cross my heart and hope to die."

"Seal it with a kiss."

I smiled, leaned into him and our lips met for a kiss. (Both had shrimp breath. They didn't care) I meant what I said when I would Skype him every night that he's gone and text him when I can and all that stuff.

I will admit, I'm kinda scared, too. There's always that little voice in the back of everyone's minds telling them that they should do the opposite of what they intend to do. I'm perfectly fine with staying at the flat by myself. It's not like I haven't been by myself before. I've had over 9 years experience with staying by myself. Heck, even my parents left me at the house by myself for 2 whole weekends while they went out of town. Of course, they weren't back to back, but still. I practically had to survive by myself for a few days.

Then, there's that burning question; why would someone want to hide a body in a house and then burn it? Why not just bury it?