Chapter 13: New Light

*9 months later*

Chelsea's pov

The silence in mine and Harry's flat was broken when my phone started playing 5SOS's cover of 'What I Like About You'. I walked as fast as I could, but my 6 month baby bump wasn't helping any. I finally reached my phone and answered,
"Hello?"
"Hi. This is the Orange County Sheriff's Department. Is there a Chelsea Styles at the residence?"
"This is she." I shakily said, panic starting to set in as I thought about Harry and if he was okay.
"Two young men were brought in for questioning due to suspicion of their possible involvement in the fire that claimed your first house. Do you know a John Hamilton and a Scott McCreery?"
My jaw dropped as my suspicions may have rang true.
"Yes. I went to school with John and I know Scott through my husband, Harry."
"We would like you to come down to the station and answer a few questions from us and ask them a few questions. They're talking, but not much."
"Um, can it wait until my husband comes home? I don't want to go there alone, especially when I have a baby inside me."
"Yeah, sure. Take all the time you need. Just at least come down before 6:00."
"Okay. Harry should be home before then." I said as I looked at the clock, which read 2:09.
"Alright. We will see you and your husband later."
"Alright."
"Thank you for your time."
"No problem."
"Bye."
"Bye."

Then, I hung up. I took a couple deep breathes as I stood leaning against the bar in the kitchen. After about 5 minutes, I went upstairs to attempt to sneak a peek at the nursery. Harry had been working on setting up the nursery for our soon-to-be baby girl and insisted I wait until after Darcy Anne and I come home from the hospital to see it, but now that Harry is at the studio, I will attempt to sneak a peek. Before I can make it all the way up the stairs, I hear the front door open and Harry's voice yelled,
"Babe, I'm home!"
"Crap." I muttered under my breath as I made my way back downstairs to greet my husband of 9 months.
"Babe?" Harry said while he was standing in the kitchen looking around just as I walked in there.
"Hey!" I said cheerily as I waddled over to him. He turned at the sound of my voice and grinned widely as he embraced me and we kissed as his hands made their way to my bump.
"How was the studio?"
"Eh, same old, same old. This time, however, Liam took Niall's food and hid it under the controls." he said as he continued to hold me in his arms. I laughed and said,
"Really? What did Niall do when he saw his food was missing?"
"Well, he went nuts, of course, and started interrogating all 4 of us. Out of all of us, Liam looked the most guilty, so Niall ran and grabbed a bunch of plastic spoons from the lobby and came back and tackled Liam and sat on him and held the spoons by his face until Liam confessed where he hid the food."
By this time, we both were laughing pretty hard.
"What about you? How was your day?" he asked.
I took a deep breath before I said,
"I got a phone call today."
"From....who?"
"The sheriff's department."
"Why would they call you?"
"They brought in John and Scotty for questioning due to suspicion of possible involvement in the fire that destroyed our first house."
His jaw dropped as we pulled apart and I started to grab the necessary ingredients for dinner, which was chicken salad, and he grabbed a pot and a few knives.
"Did someone turn them in?" Harry asked.
"Didn't say. They want us to go down there before 6:00 to answer a few questions and ask John and Scotty a few questions."
"Why don't we go right now and wait until we come back to start making dinner?"
"Okay. Just give me a second to take my vitamins. Can you go let Maya in?"
I took my vitamins as Harry went to the back door to let Maya in from outside.
"Come on, Maya!" I heard Harry call to Maya before I heard the padding of her paws on the hardwood floor. She came up to me and sat on her rear, waiting to be petted. I smiled and gave in. After I petted her, she ran upstairs to her blanket, which was on the floor of mine and Harry's bedroom. Harry turned the TV on so there was noise for Maya and shut the door so she wouldn't get out. He came back down and led me to the door and helped me get my shoes on. I grabbed my purse from the hooks and Harry grabbed his keys and wallet and we made our way out the door to the car. We got in and drove to the police station, not knowing what to expect.

*skip car ride*

Harry and I walked into the police station hand in hand, Harry in front of me, as if to protect me. An officer came up to the two of us and held out his hand for us to shake.
"You must be Mr. & Mrs. Styles. Lovely to meet you both."
"Pleasure is all ours." Harry said after we both shook his hand.
"I'm Sheriff Johnson. I'm the one that called earlier today."
"It's what Chelsea was saying a few minutes ago."
"The suspects are in the interrogation room right now. We're gonna ask you both a few questions before you ask them questions. If you could follow me, please." He turned and started to walk and we followed. As we walked, we walked past the interrogation room and we could see into it. There, I saw John and Scotty in the prison orange jumpsuits. I looked back towards what was in front of me. The officer led Harry and I to a room where I'm guessing witnesses are questioned. He gestured for me to sit in which I did and Harry stood by me and kept his hands on my shoulders. I took a deep breath as I mentally prepared to be questioned about the fire that claimed the first home I ever shared with Harry.