十四

FIVE YEARS LATER.

wonyoung watched in envy as wonjin and yujin and hyunbin and gahyeon surrounded her, both couples holding hands and grinning at each other.

even jungmo had found a new girlfriend for the charity ball, a girl with white, smooth skin and a lean figure who looked a year or so older than him.

the charity ball was held annually by seoul star high, and even if you graduated already, you could still attend it as alumni.

she looked on as wonjin grabbed a cocktail from a passing waiter who was holding a tray and passed it to yujin. he kissed her temple lightly and shared the cocktail with her.

wonyoung sighed.

where was hyeongjun?

it was rare of him to be late, and wonyoung was dissapointed when hyeongjun said he wasn't going to pick her up for the ball and decided to meet her there.

not just that, he was even late.

and wonyoung hated tardiness.

not once had hyeongjun ever stood her up or be late for their date through their 5 years of dating.

wonyoung forced a smile onto her face as hyunbin and gaheyon joined her.

"oh my god, you're so pretty, wonyoung ah!" gahyeon squealed, her eyes raking the beautiful sleeveless emerald blue dress, decked in sparkling diamonds at the side wonyoung was wearing.

"thanks," wonyoung said tightly, glancing at her phone.

it was 7:16.

and hyeongjun was supposed to be here at 7.

hyunbin noticed the gloomy look on her face and tried cheering her up. "aw, i get that hyeongjun's an asshole sometimes, but you can't blame the dude. he probably wants to doll up and look pretty for you." this sentence made wonyoung crack up.

just then, someone, probably one of hyeongjun's old classmate, nam dohyun, shouted, "guys, look! song hyeongjun's here with his new girlfriend!"

wonyoung momentarily froze.

nnew girlfriend? since when? wasn't i his girlfriend?

she shared a look of confusement with hyunbin and gaheyon. but hyunbin avoided her puzzled gaze and grabbed her wrist, making her move towards where hyeongjun is.

a crowd was already forming at the entrance to the ballroom.

but that was expected. hyeongjun used to be a popular kid at school, anyways.

wonyoung elbowed her way through the packed crowd, her heart hammering rapidly.

is hyeongjun. . .really breaking up with me?

she gasped when she saw a girl with long, black hair standing next to hyeongjun, the two of them strolling in, wide smiles on their faces. hyeongjun's hair may be its usual messiness, but he was wearing a clean black and grey suit.

the girl was minhee's sister.

it broke wonyoung to see hyeongjun with another girl.

hyeongjun met wonyoung's hurt gaze and skipped over to her, beaming from ear to ear.

what's there to smile about this?

"wonyoung ah, i"

"shut it. i don't want to listen to you."

the smile disappeared immediately and everyone became quiet.

"what's wrong?" hyeongjun asked, squeezing wonyoung's hand.

wonyoung shoved his hand away and said icily, "if you wanted to break up, you could've made it less public."

"break up? what are you talking about?" hyeongjun looked genuinely confused and it annoyed wonyoung.

how could he still look this cute?

"oh. wait. i know what you mean." hyeongjun said, looking back at min eun, minhee's sister.

"i swear im not dating her, wonyoung ah! i asked her to help me with some. . .things!" hyeongjun explained.

"what things?"

hyeongjun look flustered. he received an encouraging nod from min eun and fished out a small box from his back pocket.

"tthis. . ."

"what's this?"

hyeongjun got down on one knee, making wonyoung stare on, her mouth unclosed. he opened this box and revealed a shiny, sparking diamond ring.

wonyoung covered her mouth with a hand, shocked. the crowd went oooooh.

"hyeongjun ah. . ."

"please marry me, jang wonyoung. i swear i won't make you cry, make you sad, or make you angry. i'll only make you happy."

a soft smile lighted up wonyoung's face. "so this was what you were doing with min eun?"

he nodded.

"say yes, say yes, say yes!" wonjin chanted, his eyes sparkling. everyone else joined in, and wonyohng blushed at the idea of misunderstanding hyeongjun.

"yyes."

everyone went wild, and hyeongjun's face literally lit up with joy. he stood up, and placed the ring on her finger.

wonyoung's eyes shine with tears. hyeongjun grinned at her.

"my best friend's getting married, aw. looks like the wonjun ship is permanently sinking," wonjin cooed like a girl, fake wiping a tear from his eyes. yujin giggled.

hyeongjun moved closer to wonyoung and kissed her cheek gently, making wonyoung's insides ice cream.

HAPPY EVER AFTER.

awwie this story finally ended! thank you y'all so much for reading, y'all are the best <3<3

also, since this ff is over, i'm going to be starting with my new fanfic, secrets! it stars cha junho, lee eunsang, choi yena, and shin ye eun. and it's inspired by the new kdrama that i love, class of lies/mr temporary!