DAY ONE.

finding a large gap in one of the house's windows, hyeongjun crept in silently first, before signalling for wonyoung to join him.

"woah. who knew moon hyunbin had such a big house," wonyoung breathed out, her eyes wandering everywhere around the bedroom they were currently standing in.

hyeongjun nodded wordlessly, looking around the huge black and white bedroom. by the looks of it, the room was probably hyunbin's parents', since there was a huge wedding photo hung up by the side.

"let's start searching then," hyeongjun suggested and wonyoung agreed.

"but what are we looking for?" hyeongjun asked, reaching for a photo album, that was resting peacefully on the dresser.

"the other half of the torn picture i found at the place my kidnapper took me to, remember? whoever has it probably means he's the kidnapper's son and your killer. simple as that."

"oh." hyeongjun said, avoiding the curious look wonyoung was giving him, and he felt his cheeks setting on fire.

he didn't know why, but, being in the same room as wonyoung felt. . .weird.

as the two of them scoured every nook and cranny of the room, hyeongjun voiced out the questions he had always been keeping in.

"uh wonyoung ah. . .?"

"hm?"

"can you tell me what happened? from head to toe?"

"yea, sure," wonyoung said casually, shrugging, as if she totally had not just been kidnapped.

"so. . .you know how the parents teachers meeting happened last year?"

wonyoung didn't wait for hyeongjun's responce before she continued talking.

"i overhead this man talking about revenge and stuff and then your name was mentioned. he was dressed in black, so i didn't see his face. i think he saw me when he turned his head, and i quickly fled, of course. the next week, i was kidnapped on my way to school. then a bunch of men held me hostage in this dark warehouse and someone said they killed a girl who looked somewhat like me and disfigured her face before planting her in my study room, where people would think i committed suicide. weeks later, i escaped by loosening the ropes around me when the other men were asleep."

"it must've been awful, i'm sorry," hyeongjun said softly. wonyoung squeezed his hand and grinned at him, making hyeongjun blush again.

"it's okay. i'm safe, with you."

the two continued searching the room, then moving on to hyunbin's bedroom without a second word, until―they heard the crash of a door opening and closing.

"shit." hyeongjun panicked immediately.

"someone's home!" wonyoung hissed. "hide!"

hyeongjun opened a partially-empty closet in hyunbin's room, grabbing wonyoung's wrist and pulling her inside with him.

they were instantly flooded in complete darkness, with only a small hole in the closet to provide light.

hyeongjun hoped wonyoung couldn't see his red and burning cheeks, as she was closely huddled against him due to the lack of space.

wonyoung's hand unconsciously rested on hyeongjun's and the boy's heartbeat started to increase.

wonyoung leaned into hyeongjun and interlocked her hands with his.

"h―hyeongjun?" wonyoung asked softly, making hyeongjun look at her.

"yea?"

"i'm scared."

"it's okay. i'm here."

with that, hyeongjun pulled wonyoung closer to him, wrapped his arms around her torso, and planted a small kiss on the top of her head.

"better?"

"yea. because i'm with you."

that day, the two of them stayed in that position until whoever was in the house left. both of them found nothing suspiscious about hyunbin, and decided to rule him out.

y'all like the romance so far? (;

and anyways, hyunbin was never the killer lol i didn't want to put him as it (:
+
this chapter was only for junyoung moments (;;

also, here's the second last hint of this book―yellow.

ps; believer is an iconic perf y'all it's like the 2nd sorry not sorry fite me if you think otherwise hmph ><